Can't Hurt Her

Zayn's POV

" Return it to Annie. I am too lazy today." Elif said to me handing a pendant.

" Whose is this?" I asked her.

" As I have told you to return it to Annie then it must be hers, Bro." She said and I sighed.

" Where have you found this?" I asked her.

" In the car." She said.

" Oh. Ok. Keep it there. I will return it back to her tomorrow." I said to her and she nodded.

" Do you know her phone number? Or anything?" She asked me.

" I will manage. Don't worry. You go sleep." I said to her.

" I have her number though. She gave me her number." She said.

" Ok. If I don't have her number then I know the address of her college, office and home as well. It won't be a problem, Little one. Go sleep. You have already created trouble for me telling Mom that I have told you to come here. Now if you get sick then she will have my head." I said to her and she sticked her tongue out at me. But walked upstairs. I chuckled. Kids!!!

I talked to my mom and got scolded of course. By grace of my dear little devil for a sister. I went upstairs and went to Elif's room to check her if she has slept already. I found she was sleeping awkwardly. Her half body was on the bed and half was on the floor. I made her sleep properly. I pulled the duvet over her and kissed on her forehead patting her head softly. Then came back to the study. Had to finish my works.

I found Ali and Drake coming into the study room. I started to work again. Had to finish it before I reach home. Because when we reached home there will be big mess. I mean I was going to be in my cousin's wedding without my consent anyways. I can't make my mom upset. But attending his wedding will be a big mess. Big big mess.

" What are you doing?" Ali asked me.

" Playing football. Can't you see?" I asked him sending the mail to the associates.

" No, you are working in your laptop. I have eyes." He said.

" Then why did you ask??! Stupid." I said.

" Just like that. Are you busy?" He asked me.

" Yes, a bit. Why? You wanna say something?" I asked him.

" No... it's like that...but..." He was hesitating.

" What happened?" I asked him.

" I was thinking about something these days." Drake said.

" What is that?" I asked him.

" It's about your grandmother." He said.

" Yeah, what has she done?" I asked him.

" She hasn't done anything. But I was thinking that will she accept a no Muslim girl in family?" He asked. I looked at him weirdly.

" Why not? If I like someone then that will not be an issue if she is Muslim or non Muslim." I said to him.

" But it's a great issue for her. You should have talked to her first." She said.

" I will talk to her no worries." I said.

" I heard she herself has also converted into a Muslim. She was born into a non Muslim family as well." Drake said.

" What?!" I asked him. I didn't know this thing. " Who told you that?" I asked him.

" I heard it from my father, Zayn. He was your grandfather's employee. But not too many people know this thing." He said.

" But I knew that my grandmother was a Muslim from the start. I have never ever heard someone talking on this topic before." I said to him.

" Because may be they didn't want you guys to know that." He said.

" Why is that?! Should I ask Dad?" I asked.

" No, not at all. Don't do that." He said.

" But then how will I know that whole story? If I don't know the whole story then won't be able to solve this topic at all." I said.

" We will find out away. But don't ask any family members. If you ask them then it will be messed. Don't ask them. They are hiding this for a reason." He said to me.

" What can that reason be?" I asked him.

" Don't know but keep that in mind that she is awkwardly uncomfortable with any non Muslim people. I mean not violent but she is like scared of them. If you didn't notice that she doesn't come out of the room whenever there is a party at home. She keeps herself locked inside." Ali said.

" Scared of them?!! But why? What will they do to her?" I asked him.

" Don't have any idea why." He said.

" You see there is no non Muslim maid or valet in the mansion. So that she doesn't have to face them." he said.

" Why is that?" I asked weirdly.

" Don't know. If we knew then we would have told you already and this would be solved." He said.

" Now you go to sleep. Give it to me. I will finish the rest." Drake took the laptop from me.

" But I -" I was saying but Ali stopped me.

" We will talk about it later." He said and dismissed the topic. I rolled my eyes. I went to my room and slept.

The next morning Ali inform me that Annie was in her college. May be her work was done. I went to the college to return the pendant to her. I kept it inside my pocket without checking it. Because checking someone's personal thing is an ill-manner. But before that I send Ali and Drake to talk to the contraction people of the Villa.

I was waiting for her outside of the college. I found her coming out with her friend. I kept looking at her then took my phone to check my mails. I found her waiting for a taxi and then talked to her. I gave her pendant back to her. It was her property. Can't keep it to me.

I gave her a lift and left her at home. I don't know what was going on. It was completely messed now. I love my grandma a lot. Neither I can hurt her nor I can leave Annie. My grandma is source of my life. I can't ever even upset her. Here Annie is the girl I love. I believe that people fall in love only once. If I let her go then I am sure my life will be totally messed. But nothing can happen if Grandma is not agree with this topic. I can sacrifice everything for her but can't hurt her.