Gift

Anaya's POV

" Hi, Annie." Ali said to me as soon as I got in the car.

" Hi!!" I said.

" Alone today? Where are your friends?" Drake asked me.

" Everyone is sleeping. They are so tired after last night." I said to him.

" Oh. They must be." He said. I nodded.

" How are you fit still now?" Ali asked me. I rolled my eyes.

" I have an unique level of energy." I said. He chuckled.

" We can see that." He said.

I looked at Zayn. He was awkwardly silent and looking outside of the window. What's wrong with him!!! Why does he keep ignoring me all the time?!! Stupid!!! Do I look that ugly that he can't meet my gaze!!! Urrrggh!!!

" Where were you guys going?" I asked them.

" Going to the event venue of last night." Ali said.

" Why? Do you arranging the other ceremonies there as well?" I asked them

" Don't know. That depends on the groom's family." He said to me.

" Then who are you guys? Aren't you guys his family?" I asked him. He chuckled.

" He is just Zayn's cousin. He doesn't share a good relation with him. That's it." Drake said.

" What?!! Really?" I asked looking at Zayn who was still looking outside.

" I just don't like his lifestyle that's it. He changed a lot these days. He wasn't like that before. But now he doesn't match with the Saahil I knew before. We don't have the same relationship like before." He said looking outside.

" It's necessary to have an eye contact with the person you are talking to." I said irritatingly and this time he turned to me. I sighed deeply.

" Does he any problem with me?" I asked Ali and he chuckled.

" I am sitting beside you. How can you ask that to him like that?" He asked me.

" Eventually he will tell you later. So, it doesn't matter if I ask that in front of you. It's better." I said ignoring him completely.

" Ask him. He has a better answer than me." Ali said pointing Zayn and Drake chuckled fixing his eyes on the road. Zayn just glared at them both which didn't effect on them at all.

" Alright. Leave me there." I pointed the shopping mall we came that day.

" Do you know places around?" Zayn asked me.

" Why will I tell you?" I asked him.

" Come on. It's a new place for you. If you keep roaming around you can be lost here." He said.

" May be but why do you care?" I asked him. He looked at Ali and Drake who chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

" You don't have to worry about me. I can take care of myself. I don't need your help." I said.

" Why are you angry now? What have I done?" He asked me.

I really don't know why I was angry. He hasn't done anything. But still. He was ignoring me that enraged me. If you are talking to someone and he is just ignoring you it will not feel comfortable. It will be insulting.

" Nothing. Just leave me there." I said to him.

" Are you sure you can manage alone?" He asked me.

" If I can't then you will come with me?" I asked him.

" Sure. If you want me to come with you." He said.

" No, thanks. I can manage. I don't want you to come with me." I said and he sighed.

" Do you have a short temper problem?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes.

" Even if I have what do you have to do with that?" I said to him and he mumbled something which I couldn't get.

" What did you say?" I asked him.

" Nothing. You carry on." he said to me.

" I don't have anything to say. Thanks for your kind gestures and thanks for giving me a lift." I said and came out of the car without bothering to listen to his answer. Damn!!! I was very angry. Hell with him.

Hell with you, Stupid girl!!! Where is your manners?! 😡😡😡😡😡😡My brain shouted at me.

Shut up!!! 😒😒😒😒😒 I said to it.

I went inside the shopping mall and started to roam around. But I couldn't decide what to buy for Elif as a gift. I don't know what she likes. Now I am regretting not brining him with me. At least he could help me on choosing the gift. I pouted looking around. I was so confused. Another trouble was the language. Many of the people don't understand English properly because of the accent. I have kinda mixed accent of American, British and Australian English because I have been working with people all around my language got influenced by them. I curse myself for that now.

" Any problem, Ms.?" Suddenly someone asked me. I sighed and turned to see Ali standing there. I rolled my eyes.

" What are you doing here?" I asked him.

" Doing a duty." He said.

" Oh, really?! Which duty is that?" I asked him and he chuckled.

" Taking care of you." He said.

" That's not your duty. Go back to your boss." I said to him and he chuckled.

" Still angry?" He asked means I sighed deeply.

" I know it was a bit awkward but I hate it when someone ignores me. I was reacting a bit much. But I can't help it. He deserves that." I said.

" Definitely he does." He said. I sighed.

" Do you understand my accent?" I asked him and he chuckled.

" If not then how am I talking to you?" He asked me and I sighed.

" Most of these people is not understanding my accent. What should I do now?" I asked him. He chuckled again.

" Come with me." He said and it was really helpful.

" What are you going to buy?" He asked me.

" A gift for Elif. Do you know what does she likes?" I asked him.

" Why a gift?" He asked me.

" Amaira was saying it is her birthday next week. So, I was thinking about giving her a gift." I said to him and he chuckled.

" Then give her a box full of toy cockroaches or lizard." He said.

" What?!!" I asked him.

" That will help her to prank." I rolled my eyes.

I was confused what should I gift Elif?!!!