Arthur Morgan: Warnings

Low Honour Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: the gang had warned you about how dangerous Arthur Morgan is but that doesn't stop you from falling for him.

Word Count: 2800

Joining a gang of outlaws probably wasn't the best idea you ever had, but it probably wasn't the worst either. The Van der Linde had accepted you rather quickly and made you feel right at home but a certain outlaw caught your eye. Arthur Morgan.

Arthur Morgan was certainly a handsome man, you couldn't deny that that's what caught your attention first. He didn't talk much, he was often on his own around the camp but he seemed to enjoy the quiet of being alone. He was never particularly mean to the other gang members but he did occasionally make snarky comments or snap at them. He didn't seem to dislike any members of the gang (apart from a select few) but he also didn't seem to call any of him friends. He was strange but he had your attention from the first time your gaze met his.

When you first joined the gang, you received some friendly warnings. You had made friends with the women rather fast and they had given you some simple advice. One was to stay away from Micah Bell, which you had already learnt so that didn't surprise you much. The more surprising bit of advice you got was to stay away from Arthur Morgan.

"Yeah, don't get me wrong, I see the attraction. Arthur is definitely a handsome man, even I have had a small crush on him before but he's dangerous. He usually keeps to himself but he is one of the worst men in the camp. You shouldn't get involved with him" Mary-Beth had told you.

Everyone had warned you about him, all of the women had told you to not get involved with him, to stay away from him. But something about it just felt wrong to you.

For some time you listened to the warnings, you believed the rumours and the stories and you took their advice.

However, as time went on, you learnt that Arthur actually cared a lot about the gang. He always worked hard to keep them safe, to provide for them. So, he couldn't be that bad, could he?

Finally, you decided to ignore the rumours and to make up your own mind about him. So, you started avoiding Arthur less.

It had been a little difficult for you to avoid him anyway, since Arthur seemed to have taken a liking to you when you had first joined the gang. He had been nice to you, polite to you, he never gave you any reason to try to avoid him or to feel scared or uncomfortable around him. He had even defended you against Micah during your first few days in the camp.

That's why it had been so hard for you to believe all the warnings that people were giving you.

You weren't stupid, you knew that he was probably completely different outside of the camp. You knew that he robbed and hurt innocent people but isn't that what you were signing up for when you joined a gang of outlaws?

-----

You were sitting at the campfire alone one evening. It was pretty late and nearly everyone was asleep so it was almost silent, something that didn't happen very often. You glanced at Arthur when he sat down next to you, even though there were plenty of other free seats around the fire.

"So, you're not avoiding me anymore?" Arthur asked without even looking at you. His question caught you by surprise, making you look at him.

"What? No, I-I wasn't avoiding you" you shook your head, your eyes widening slightly. You hoped that you hadn't offended him.

"It's alright, I can't blame you after all of the things you probably heard about me" he shrugged. You relaxed when you saw that he wasn't offended, but you still felt bad about judging him so quickly.