Micah Bell: Curiosity

Micah Bell X Female Reader

Summary: Micah had always intrigued you, if only you weren't so afraid of him.

Word Count: 2000

You looked up from your boring task, sewing and fixing holes in the clothes, your gaze landed on Micah. He was with Baylock, fiddling with the saddlebag, you couldn't really tell what he was doing but you couldn't help but watch him.

You had always been curious about Micah Bell, stupidly intrigued by him. He was a strange character, violent and aggressive on the surface. That's the first thing you see when you look at Micah, yet you were curious about whether there was more to him. You didn't understand him at all, he seemed to completely despise everyone in the gang and preferred to be on his own but he stayed when he could just leave. That didn't make sense to you. Apart from that, Micah was a bit of a mystery to you all. All you truly knew was that he had some terrible things, that it was intimidating and dangerous, but you didn't really know anything about him at all.

Maybe if he was somebody else you would have tried to talk to him, tried to ask him some questions, but it was Micah Bell and you had always been a little afraid of him. You had heard the rumours and the stories but you didn't know which ones were true, either way you never felt comfortable around him.

Micah fastened the saddlebag and looked up, towards the gang, seeing you sitting at one of the tables. You were watching him but as soon as he looked at you, you adverted your gaze and a blush appeared on your cheeks.

Micah just grunted to himself, turning his attention back to his horse. What was your problem? You always avoided him and yet he often caught you staring at him, it was starting to really get under his skin.

-----

You dusted off your clothes, smiling at a job well done. You had just finished your chores for the day and could finally sit down and relax.

"Hey" a gruff voice came from behind you, it sounding less like a normal greeting and much more aggressive. It was obvious who it was.

"Oh, uh, hello Mr Bell" you awkwardly greeted him as you turned to face him, still barely even looking at him. You couldn't meet his gaze even if you wanted to.

"You got a problem with me?" Micah asked, his voice as stern as you imagined his stare to be.

"What? No, of course not" you shook your head, eyes widening a little as you finally looked up at him.

"Everyone has a problem with me, you must have one too" he scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest as he waited for an answer.

"I...I don't know what to say, I don't really know you, so...I can't really form much of an opinion on you" you shrugged. You answer genuinely surprised Micah, he's never had that answer before.

"Hmm...I've seen ya looking at me" Micah told you, squinting at you.

"I don't know what you're talking about" you muttered, cursing your own face for heating up.

"Do you think I'm an idiot?" he asked, still sounding angry.

"No! No, I don't" you assured him, eyes going wide again.

"Then why are you lying to me?" he asked. You were right about him being intimidating, he made you feel so small just by the way he was looking down at you.

"I'm not" you insisted, hoping you could just get out of the conversion without offending him or angering him.

"Miss L/n, just tell me what's going on in that head of yours when you're eyeballin' me. What's the worst that could happen?" Micah stepped closer to you, his voice going from stern to patronising.