Leopold Strauss: Matchmaking

Leopold Strauss X Female Reader (Hosea's Daughter)

Summary: Strauss learns that you speak German and the two of you start to get closer. 

Word Count: 1400

You walked through the camp, your goal being to grab a cup of coffee. It was early in the morning and you hadn't been able to get much sleep, not with Sean drunkenly shouting and singing all night. 

"Guten Morgen Strauss" you smiled, wishing the man a good morning as you walked back him.

"You speak German, miss Matthews?" Strauss asked, his eyes widening slightly. He had been part of the gang for some time now but had no idea you knew any German.

"Ja, ich will" you nodded as you stopped walking and turned back to him. "I'm no expert but I know some" you told him. 

"When did you learn?" he seemed genuinely curious, turning his full attention to you. 

"My father taught me. That along with some Spanish, Italian and French. Just the little bits that he knows" you answered. 

"Very impressive, miss Matthews" Strauss complimented, making you smile a little bit.

"Not really, I don't know much, only what my father knows" you shrugged. 

"Well if you'd like to learn some more, I'd be happy to help" Strauss offered.

"Das würde mir gefallen" you smiled, telling him that you would like that. "Danke" you thanked him.

"Jederzeit" Strauss nodded, telling you 'anytime'. You smiled at him before walking away, finally getting that coffee.

Dutch chuckled, shaking his head, to himself. "What are you laughing about?" Hosea asked, looking up from his newspaper.

"It seems that Herr Strauss is sweet on your daughter" Dutch told him bluntly, clearly amused.

"What?" Hosea asked, raising an eyebrow at his friend.

"I haven't seen him smile like that since he joined us. Just look at the way he looks at her. Kinda sweet really" Dutch hummed, watching as Strauss smiled to himself, sparing a glance in your direction.

"Huh, I've never noticed" Hosea confessed.

"Good luck with that" Dutch patted Hosea's shoulder, chuckling as he walked away.

Hosea shook his head at Dutch. You were a fully grown adult and Hosea trusted you to make your own decisions. If you wanted to get involved with someone, that was your choice.

Of course Hosea would still try to ensure that you are alright and that you ended up with somebody who treats you well, he was still your father after all and he worried about you. Still, if that was a choice you wanted to make, Hosea wouldn't fight you about it. He wouldn't push you away just because he might not completely like something that you are doing, as long as you were happy and safe.

-----

Strauss was sitting away from the camp, which wasn't uncommon for him. He was sat on a large rock with the familiar black book in his hands, you guessed he was checking on the gang's money.

You walked over to him, deciding to offer him some company if he wanted it. "Leopold, warum bist du hier?" you asked him what he was doing here, away from the camp. He smiled as he looked up at you, you knew that he liked hearing you speak German, even if he never said it.

"Reviewing the gang's finances....Ich brauchte Frieden" Leopold you that he needed peace and you really couldn't blame him for that.  

"Verständlich" you chuckled, telling him that it was understandable. The camp could be a little loud or a bit much and Leopold preferred the quiet. "Stört es dich, wenn ich bleibe?" you asked if he would mind if you stayed with him.