Kieran Duffy: A Bad Day

Kieran Duffy X Female Reader

Summary: Kieran's having a bad day, you want to fix that.

WARNINGS: smut/NSFW

Word Count: 2000

It was just another regular day in the Van der Linde camp. You didn't have a job or lead to set out on so you were sitting at the campfire with a drink and Kieran was accepting his role as the gang's whipping boy. These two things weren't related but they were just what was happening, a usual day in the camp.

"Hey come over here, O'Driscoll" Sean called and you couldn't help but glance over. Kieran was slowly becoming part of the gang but it wasn't easy or him, you knew that other members of the gang hadn't accepted him yet and made sure that he didn't feel welcome.

"Y'know, I ain't no O'Driscoll" Kieran sighed as he walked over to the Irishman.

As soon as Kieran was standing in front of him, Sean just headbutted him in the face. You stood from your seat as Kieran fell to the ground, your feet carrying you over to them before you could even think about it.

"Our old neighbour back in Donegal was called O'Driscoll. And we couldn't stand him neither" Sean chuckled to himself.

"Sean! What the Hell is wrong with you? Leave him alone" you snapped, now standing in front of them both.

"We're just talking, nothing to worry about" Sean shrugged, gesturing down to Kieran.

"Get outta here Sean" you sighed, waving him off. Sean shrugged again before walking away like nothing happened.

"Are you alright?" you asked, your voice softening, as Kieran stood up.

"Do I look alright?" Kieran snapped slightly.

"Whoa, sorry, just trying to help" you put your hand out in front of you in surrender, your eyebrows raising slightly in surprise.

"I know...I'm sorry, I'm just..." Kieran apologised with a tired sigh, your face instantly softened when you noticed the tears welling up in his eyes.

"Hey, it's alright. Come on" you spoke softly and touched your hand to his elbow.

"Where are we going?" Kieran asked but didn't hesitate to start walking with you.

"Somewhere you can sit and breathe" was all you told him.

Kieran was stunned into silence and just followed you, trusting that you had his best interest at heart. He followed you out of the camp and through the thick trees.

"Nice, right?" you asked as you stepped out of the tree line, stopping by the gentle flowing river. Kieran just nodded, it really was a rather serene place. If he had the option to leave the camp more often, he was sure that he would have found it sooner.

You walked along the river before sitting down on the ground, leaning back against a large rock.

"Come on, you need to sit and relax" you smiled up at him as you patted the spot beside you. He nodded again before walking over and sitting down next to you.

"I'm sorry about snapping at you...it's just been a bad day" Kieran apologised again with another sigh. You were the last person he would want to snap at.

"I know, it's okay, I understand" you assured him. You were actually a little surprised that he hadn't snapped at somebody earlier.

"You've been nothing but nice to me since we met, the only person who's been nice to me really. So, I'm sorry" Kieran apologised yet again, genuinely feeling bad about it.