Dutch Van der Linde: Time of the Month

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader

Summary: Dutch comforts you when you're on your period.

Sorry, it's a short one

Word Count: 500

At the beginning of your relationship Dutch lives blissfully unaware of it until you tell him but after being together for a while he begins to know when it's that time of the month. He starts to notice the little changes in you. Once he knows what's going on, he is all about helping you.

Dutch has some experience in this area and knows what he needs to know, he's definitely less clueless than some other members of the gang. He's been with multiple women before, only a few lasting long enough for this issue to even arise. Admittedly he's never took much interest in women's issues but you're different to him. Dutch really cares about you and if something is bothering you, even in the slightest, he wants to help. He wants to look after you and take care of you.

He can have a small, possibly problematic, tendency to try to solve problems with money or gifts. In this case he'll buy you all the chocolates and sweet treats that you desire, this is not problematic.

-----

You were laying in the bed that you shared with Dutch, him sleeping soundly beside you, while you tossed and turned. Just unable to get comfortable. You groaned in both annoyance and pain, burying your face into the pillow.

"What's wrong, my love?" Dutch's sleepy voice asked from beside you.

"I feel like I'm being stabbed in the abdomen" you whined, even though you felt bad for waking him up.

Dutch just chuckled before pulling you towards him, wrapping you up in his warm embrace. You sighed as you relaxed into his embrace, burying your face in his chest.

You couldn't help but smile when you felt Dutch's hand started to lazily rub small circles against the bottom of your back. Slowly, the pain faded away and you finally drifted off to sleep.

-----

Dutch had just returned from a trip into town with Hosea, having to collect somethings, and headed straight for his tent. He pulled back the canvas and stepped inside, letting it close behind him.

"Ah, there you are, my love. How are you feeling?" Dutch asked as his gaze settled on you, sitting on the bed with a book in your hands.

"Kinda shitty but nothing I'm not used too" you shrugged, giving him a smile as you placed the book down on the bed and stood up.

"I'm sorry but I got you something" Dutch smiled as he held a box of chocolates out to you.

"That's really sweet" you smiled softly as you took the box from him, stepping forward to stand in front of him. "You didn't need too but thanks, Dutch" you thanked him before leaning up on your toes and pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Nonsense, anything for you darling" Dutch wrapped an arm around your waist, holding you against him gently. "Is there anything you need?" he asked, wanting to be of help in anyway he can.

"No, I'm fine" you assured him as you wrapped your arms around his neck. "I love you" you whispered against his lips.

"I love you too" Dutch spoke just as softly as he placed his hand on the small of your back and brought his lips back down to your own.

Requests?