Josiah Trelawny: Travel With Me Part 2

Josiah Trelawny X Female Reader

Summary: You attend a job with the gang and when things turn sour the gang sees just how dangerous you can be, and who your main priority is.

WARNINGS: I can not write action scenes! I'm sorry! But please enjoy!

Word Count: 3600

You were still staying at the van der Linde camp, since you and Josiah haven't found a place to move onto yet. Josiah had taken a trip out of the camp and this was on of the rare occasions that you didn't go with him.

However, it wasn't long before Josiah returned. As he walked into the camp, he waved you over to him. You stopped cleaning your gun and walked over to him, joining the small gathering that he had called. He had also called Dutch and Arthur over to speak with them.

Once you were all gathered around, Josiah told the three of you about a lead that he got.

Apparently that was some fancy hotel in Saint Denis that was holding some sort of high stakes poker tournament for the members of high society, and of course Josiah managed to get himself some entry tickets.

Arthur was hesitant about the idea, it seemed risky. But Dutch thought that it is a good idea because, if it goes well, there will be a big payout. You trusted Josiah's instincts about the job, so the four of you eventually agreed to give the plan a try.

-----

You were waiting about a block away from the hotel, waiting for the men to show up. Josiah had taken them for new suits and haircuts, after all they had to look the part. Apparently he was more concerned about Arthur, John and Micah, since the others were pretty good at cleaning up.

You smiled when you saw the men approaching. The group was made up out of Dutch, Hosea, Arthur, John, Javier, Charles, Micah, and they were all following Josiah towards you. You had actually suggested that Micah didn't come along but Dutch seemed pretty insistent on it, much to your annoyance.

"You boys clean up well" you complimented as they walked up to you. "Well, most of you do" you shrugged, glance at Micah before turning your attention to the others. Micah just huffed in annoyance, making you smirk slightly.

"And you look gorgeous as always, my dear" Josiah complimented as he took in your appearance.

You were wearing a new dress that Josiah had bought you, a beautiful garment that complimented you in every way. Your hair was pinned up delicately, you has asked some of the women in camp to help you with it. Josiah was a bigger fan of the finer things in life than you were but sometimes it felt nice to feel elegant.

"So, what exactly is the plan here?" Arthur asked, tugging slightly at the collar of his shirt, making you chuckle to yourself.

"You, dear boy, are going to be playing at the tables" Josiah told him as he moved to stand beside you, placing his hand on your back.

"I don't feel like losing money over this" Arthur hummed, not sure about this idea.

"If all goes well we will be leaving with more money than even you could lose in one evening" Josiah assured him, making Arthur roll his eyes. "But, not to worry, you won't be losing anything. In fact, you need to win. Watch John, he'll let you know what to do" he instructed, the plan was to have Arthur at the main table in case the target sat down to play, and he chose Arthur because he trusted him.

"How is he going to know-" Arthur began to ask but was interrupted.

"Have some faith, Arthur" Dutch shook his head, patting Arthur on the shoulder reassuringly. John just nodded at Arthur, silently letting him know that he knew what he was doing.