Micah Bell: Mute

Micah Bell X Mute Female Reader

Summary: you are mute but you still managed to capture Micah's interest.

Word Count: 2600

Micah glanced up from where he was sitting, his gaze landing on you and Sean. Sean said something to you that Micah couldn't hear but your face turned a light shade of red. Micah didn't think much off it, it didn't seem like it was very hard to get you flustered, you seemed to be a rather sigh person.

You scribbled something down in your notebook, the one that you had to carry around with you for when you needed to tell someone something, and showed it to the Irishman. Whatever you wrote made Sean laugh and made you smile.

Micah just hummed to himself as he turned his attention away from you both, not liking the strange feeling that gave him.

Micah would be lying if he said that he hadn't noticed you around the camp before. When you first joined the gang and he first saw you, he didn't think much of it. Honestly, he thought that you would just be another woman hanging around the camp to handle some of the chores. He thought that messing with you would be kinda fun, like he did with the other women, but then Dutch gave them all some interesting information. You are mute. He explained that you couldn't talk, other than that you were completely capable.

Yes, Micah had considered you to be in some way inferior because of this but that attitude quickly changed. Even when he doesn't like someone, he could see when they were capable, it's the only way to survive. So, he saw that you were perfectly capable, more than capable actually. You could use a gun or a knife and you could hold you own on jobs, that's all he really cared about. He realised that you being mute definitely didn't make you inferior to any members of the camp, then he started to pay more attention to yo.

He started to notice how quiet you were. Well, yes, you were technically silent since you were mute, but he noticed that you liked to keep to yourself. You were easily flustered when people talked to you and uncomfortable when a lot of attention was on you, he thought that it was somewhat endearing. It was clear that you didn't like being around a lot of people for too long and he could understand that, he wasn't a fan of it either.

Micah wasn't fond of how much attention he had realised he had been giving you, all attention that was from afar. You had only interacted a handful of times and that was usually him making a 'Micah-ish' comment and you walking away with a red face. Still, he found himself glancing at you more than he would like to admit, he found himself becoming curious about you.

-----

You had no idea with Dutch decided to send you on a job with Micah. You had never run a job alone together before and you weren't friends, you didn't think you were compatible but so you didn't know why Dutch thought it would be a good idea.

You had to admit that you were a little nervous. Micah always made you flustered, more than anyone else did. So, you were a little hesitant to run a job alone with him. Still, you rode into town with him.

The ride into town was silent, neither of you talking. Well...Micah didn't talk, you didn't have much of a choice, but you didn't mind that he just stayed quiet. You weren't that surprised.

Once you got to town, you both dismounted the horses and started to look around. Dutch told you that you had to meet someone in town who would point you in the direction of the score. Nothing could ever be simple.

Eventually you spotted the man who matched Dutch's description. You looked up at Micah but he hadn't seemed to see the man. You hesitated for a moment but eventually tapped Micah's arm, making him look down at you. You pointed at the man and Micah looked in that direction, a smirk appearing on his face when he realised what you were telling him.