Dutch Van der Linde: Coming Clean

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader

Summary: Dutch and Hosea set out on a job that drags you right into the centre of it. Will Dutch ever be honest with you?

Word Count: 3900

The two men stood outside of the hall in Saint Denis, the hall hosting a fundraiser for a new orphanage. Probably one of the last places that they should be.

"Are we really about to rob a charity?" Hosea asked. That was pretty low, even for them.

"We are not robbing the charity, we are going to meet the woman who made the largest donation" Dutch reminded him.

"Sounds slightly immoral to me" Hosea hummed, already smiling in amusement.

"Have faith, Hosea" Dutch patted his friend on the shoulder, making Hosea chuckle as he shook his head. "What was her name again?" he asked, knowing that Hosea had all the information on this job.

"Y/n L/n. I'll point her out to you once we're inside" Hosea assured him and Dutch just nodded.

The two of them walked inside, instantly being greeted by the sound of music and chatter filling the room. They walked around for a little while, just getting familiar with the large hall. There was an orchestra against the far wall, the music filling the room, a bar against the side wall, tables and chairs scattered purposely throughout the room, and of course a crowd of well dressed men and women.

"There she is" Hosea lent into Dutch, nodding his head in your direction.

"She...isn't what I expected" Dutch commented as his gaze landed on you, watching you smile and nod politely at an older couple that you were talking to.

"Because she's young or because she's attractive?" Hosea asked, already knowing where Dutch's mind was wondering off to.

"Both" Dutch confessed.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out" Hosea shrugged, already knowing that Dutch would be determined to take the lead on this job.

"I'm sure I will" Dutch nodded, starting to smirk to himself. Hosea sighed and shook his head as he watched Dutch straighten out his suit jacket before walking towards you.

You walked over to the bar and ordered yourself a drink, giving the bartender and polite but kind smile.

"This one's on me" a man with dark slicked back hair appeared beside you at the bar, offering to pay for your drink with a charming smile on your face.

"That's very kind of you, Mr..." you looked to him.

"Van der Linde. Dutch Van der Linde" the man introduced himself.

"Well, thank you Mr Van der Linde" you thanked him as he paid for your drink and his own.

"And you are?" Dutch asked before taking a sip from his drink.

"Y/n L/n" you introduced yourself, holding your hand out for him to shake.

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Dutch smiled some more as he shook your hand, his hand lingering against yours for a little longer than necessary.

"You're here to support the orphanage?" you asked as you dropped your hand back to your side, picking up your drink and sipping from it.

"Of course" Dutch nodded. "You're here on your own?" he asked, having noticed that you didn't seem to be here with anyone.

"I am" you nodded.

"Now, that is just a shame. Would you mind if I kept you company?" Dutch asked.