Arthur Morgan: The Sicilian Mafia

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: A job that goes south leads Arthur to discovering the truth about you. You hope that it doesn't change anything, you only wanted to protect him, but now you have to talk about it.

Word Count: 3200

You walked down the cobblestone path that led from your manor to the guarded front gate. You nodded to one of the men who walked past you before wandering off the path, heading over to the thick line of trees. Weaving through them, you kept an eye out for the familiar figure but you knew exactly where you were going.

You could only laugh when you felt an arm wrap around your waist, pulling you back against a firm chest. You couldn't be afraid when you knew who it was.

"Sneaking away from your duties?" the familiar voice of Arthur Morgan whispered in your ear.

"Something like that" you shrugged and turned to face him, resting your hands against his chest.

"Does your boss know you're slacking...to meet with an outlaw?" Arthur asked, smiling down at you as his hands settled on your waist.

"I answer to no man" you insisted, making you both chuckle.

"Except for the couple you clean for" he pointed out.

"That doesn't count" you rolled your eyes, making him laugh again.

"How long do you have?" Arthur asked, wondering how long he would be able to see you for today.

"As long as I want" you told him and he raised an eyebrow at you. How could you explain that your schedule was clear for the rest of the day because you made your schedule. "I mean it, I'm being serious. Let's go out for a while" you assured him, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"Sounds like a good plan" Arthur smiled as he dipped his head down, meeting you in a sweet kiss.

You met Arthur Morgan a few months ago, you had gone for a ride to clear your head and ended up running into him. It was an accidental meeting that turned into so much more, the two of you continued to meet up, a real relationship forming between you both.

It killed you that you had to lie to him, you never wanted to lie to him but you wanted to keep him safe. You had told him that you worked for a wealthy couple, that's how you explained why you were staying in such an expensive manor. He thought you were an employee, when in reality you owned the estate. You knew it was for the best but it still made you feel guilty.

After all, Arthur had been honest about his occupation. Well, mostly honest. You knew that he was an outlaw and that he ran with a gang but that's all you knew, you didn't know the details. If the situation was different you would have prodded, convincing him to tell you everything. But you didn't feel like you had the higher ground in this situation. You were being dishonest, you couldn't be mad at him for hiding some things from you. You knew, that no matter what he told you, you would still love him. You just hoped that he would still love you when he found out the truth.

-----

Arthur cursed as he threw himself down behind one of the benches in the train car, just avoiding getting shot. He popped up from behind the bench and shot the man, relaxing once he was alone in the car. His attention turned to the car door when he heard it open, relieved to see that it was just Hosea.

"Arthur, there you are. They got the others" Hosea told him as he walked through the train car.

"What do you mean?" Arthur asked.

"There's a whole army of men, they rounded up the others but missed me" Hosea explained.

"So, what do we do?" the younger man asked, how were they meant to deal with that many men?