Dutch van der Linde: Garden Party

Dutch van der Linde X Female Reader

Summary: Dutch invites you to a party and you decide to surprise him with a brand new dress.

Word Count: 1500

Parties and events were some of the best places to make connections, at least that's what Dutch said. However, sometimes you just thought that he liked playing dress up and going to fancy parties, playing the part of high society. Either way, it seemed to work so none of you really minded.

Trelawny had found out about a garden party being held by some wealthy family, all sorts of powerful and wealthy members of society were on the guest list. Dutch said that it could have plenty of opportunities for the gang and he had asked you to be his date.

It was the day of the garden party and Dutch had gone earlier with Hosea to meet Trelawny, you and Arthur had been told to come and meet them a little later. They wanted to go before the party began to get some last minute Intel that Trelawny had.

When the Mary-Beth, Tilly and Karen found out that you were going to some fancy garden party, they all got pretty excited. Karen had scolded you for not having anything to wear, which meant that the four of you had to go and do some shopping in town.

Once Dutch and Hosea had left to meet with Trelawny, you started to get ready with the assistance of the three other women.

You put on the beautiful new dress that you and Tilly had bought, Mary-Beth helped you put on some light natural looking makeup, and Karen busied herself with your hair. Finally, you were ready.

After meeting with Arthur, the pair of you made your way to the garden party. You walked through the party, following Arthur past the other guests, over to where you were meant to be meeting the others.

"Ah, here are our guests" Trelawny announced with a smile, nodding towards you and Arthur when he saw you. Dutch and Hosea both turned around to face you both, the pair of them greeting you with a smile but Dutch froze at the sight of you.

You looked absolutely angelic. Your new dress was beautiful, fitting you perfectly. Your hair was loosely curled in all the right places and the front was pinned up daintily, too keep your hair out of your face.. It looked perfect but effortless at the same time. Dutch always thought that you were beautiful but this was beyond that.

"So, what exactly are we doing here?" Arthur asked, not too fond of the fact that he had to get a new suit and dress up to attend this party.

"You clean up nicely, dear boy. They might actually fall for the fine clothing" Trelawny complimented, gesturing towards Arthur's new outfit. Arthur hadn't bothered to shave or cut his hair for the occasion, he didn't see why he had too, but Josiah was willing to look past it.

"We're making friends, Arthur. So, just stick with Trelawny and play nice" Dutch told the younger man, having finally snapped out of the trance that you had him under.

"Very funny, Dutch" Arthur rolled his eyes, tugging slightly on the uncomfortable collar of his shirt.

"Hosea, I suggest you talk to Mr Graham over by the fountain. He isn't the smartest man here but he sure has a lot of money. I'm sure, you'd be able to do something with that" Trelawny advised the older man. "Now, come dear boy, let's get to work" he smiled as he patted Arthur's shoulder, before the pair of them walked away.

"I'm going to find that 'Mr Graham', see you later" Hosea told you both, nodding at you and Dutch before walking away.

"Y/N, sweetheart, you look wonderful" Dutch complimented once Hosea was out of sight.