Arthur Morgan: More Important

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader (Italian Reader)

Summary: Your confession warms Arthur's heart but before he can make a confession of his own, you get taken.

Word Count: 3300

Arthur took a breath, as if he was building up courage, before walking over to the campfire. He didn't speak as he took a seat with a few other members of the gang. He tried his best not to stare at you by keeping his gaze on the fire but he definitely listened to you, like he always did. In that way you had his undivided attention.

Javier was playing his guitar and you were sitting beside him, singing along to the song he was playing. It was a soft song and your voice was as sweet as ever, just like Arthur often found himself dreaming about.

This was a common occurrence in the camp, Javier playing and you singing. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, it was relaxing. Arthur loved listening to you sing, he thought that you had an absolutely wonderful voice. It was both soft and powerful, he would listen to you all day if you would let him.

You had been a member of the gang for sometime now and had formed friendships with many of the members but none of that compared to the bond you had developed with Arthur. It was definitely an unspoken bond that had settled into a fond friendship. However, it became painfully clear to Arthur that he had fallen in love with you. It actually scared him how fast he had fallen for you.

Slowly everyone around the fire started to disappear, it was late and everyone was turning in for the night. You and Javier had stopped singing now, Javier turning in for the night just like so many others. You had left the campfire as well, finishing up some chores around the camp so that Miss Grimshaw wouldn't chastise you about it.

By the time you were finished, everyone was in their tents, other than the guards and Arthur. Who was still sitting at the campfire.

"Not going to bed?" you asked as you returned to Arthur at the campfire, your voice bringing him out of his thoughts. God, he loved your accent.

"Probably not" Arthur confessed with a small shrug.

"Why's that?" you asked gently as you sat down beside him, close enough to make Arthur tense a little. He both wanted to put more distance between you both to be able to better organise his thoughts and somehow get closer to you.

"Dunno, just haven't been sleeping well recently" Arthur told you. Normally he would just tell someone that he was fine with a small shrug but he had always found it easier to open up to you and be more honest.

"Arthur...you need to get some rest, you work harder than anyone else here" you frowned, wishing that he would take better care of himself.

"I'm fine" he assured you but he didn't sound very convincing.

"Don't take offence but...you look tired. You should really try to get some sleep" you sounded so concerned, so sincere, that it made Arthur's heart flutter.

"It's nice of you to worry but, really, I'm fine" Arthur looked at you with a fond expression on his face.

"Arthur Morgan, you can be so stubborn" you sighed, shaking your head at him. This only made him chuckle. "Come on" your voice was still gentle as you stood and held your hand out to him.

"W-what?" Arthur looked up at you with slightly widened, confused, eyes. His gaze flicking to your hand and back to your face. His little stutter made you smile a little bit, it was quiet cute. "Come on" you repeated.

Arthur hesitated for a short moment before placing his hand in yours, standing up as well. "What are you doing exactly?" Arthur asked, not complaining when you didn't let go of his hand.