Micah Bell: Only Human Part 2

Micah Bell X Female Reader

Summary: you convince Micah to open up about his past.

Word Count: 2300

Since the day that you stumbled upon Micah in the woods, crying to himself, you had been dating. After finally accepting your comfort he had confessed that he had feelings for you and you had assured him that you returned his feelings. Despite your new relationship and Micah finally showing some vulnerability around you, he had closed himself off again.

It's not like he was cold towards you or anything, he just never showed you that level of vulnerability again. You knew that it was hard for him but Micah just seemed to want to forget about what you had witnessed. He seemed like he would prefer it if the pair of you just pretended that it didn't happen.

Micah had been acting weird today, well more so than usual anyway. Something had definitely put him in a worse mood than usual, you knew him well enough to be able to see that.

You didn't want to pressure him into talking about what ever was on his mind, you knew that it was difficult for him but you also didn't want him to lock himself away. You wanted him to know that he could talk to you about whatever was bothering him.

You knew that Micah was in his tent, so that's exactly were you went. You stepped inside, glancing at him as you closed the canvas behind you. Micah was sitting on the edge of his cot, muttering to himself as he took off his shoes.

"Micah...what's going on?" you asked, sympathetically, as you finishing closing the canvas and turned to face him.

"What ya talking about?" Micah asked, still muttering. You knew that he wasn't in the mood to talk but you also knew that he might never be in the mood to talk. So, now was as good a time as any.

"You've been in a bad mood all day. More than usual, anyway. You've been snapping at anyone who passes you or even glances at you. I thought you were going to kill Kieran before and he didn't even do anything to" you reminded him. His behaviour today has been even more aggressive and antagonist than usual.

"Ain't that just what I'm like?" Micah asked rhetorically, snapping at you. You knew that he was in a bad mood and that he was snapping at everyone, but it still stung a little bit.

"No, it's not" you told him flatly, crossing your arms over your chest. You could tell that your answer had caught him a little off guard. "Plus, you never snap at me and you just did" you pointed out, proving your point that something was wrong.

"Right...look, it's nothing you gotta worry about" he attempted to reassure you but his words weren't convincing at all. He didn't apologise for snapping at you but you didn't really expect him too.

"I'm going to worry whether you say I should or not. You can talk to me, remember?" you sighed. You just hated the thought that he was closing himself off from you. He had opened up to you and know he was curling back into himself.

"Yeah, I know..." Micah mumbled, his disinterest feeling like a punch to the gut.

"Okay..." you nodded, your voice quieter than you had expected it to be. Giving Micah one last sympathetic glace, you turned to leave the tent. Micah was shutting you out again and you didn't know how to stop it.

"Y/n, wait" Micah sighed, coming to his senses as you were about to leave the tent. He didn't want to push you away, he didn't want you to feel like he didn't trust you. You were the only person that he trusted, the only one person that he trusted to be completely vulnerable with. Sure, the first time you saw him incredibly vulnerable, it was a mistake but you never judged him for his vulnerability. You didn't see him as weak or anything like that. You just comforted him and told him that it was okay to feel like that, it had only brought you closer together. The last thing he wanted was to lose that.