The Van der Linde Gang: Just Trying to Help Part 2

The Van der Linde Gang & Teenage Female Reader

Summary: You've had enough of Dutch and Hosea treating you like a child, you're an adult now but you feel trapped. What else could you do when nobody would listen?

Word Count: 1900

You were practically dragged into the camp by Dutch, his hold firm on your upper arm. Hosea walked beside you, shooting a concerned glance at Dutch's grip on your arm, just making sure that he wasn't actually hurting you.

"Dutch, just relax" you sighed, simply tired of him being mad at you.

"Don't tell me to relax" Dutch huffed.

"You're being unreasonable! It was a tiny little accident and nobody got hurt" you told him, not seeing why he was so mad at you. "I handled it. Do you know why? Because I'm an adult" you reminded him. "I'm not a kid anymore, I'm not making stupid mistakes."

"It's like you have no sense of self-preservation, just running into trouble" Dutch shook his head, not even listening to you.

"I know you were trying to help but you need to look out for yourself first sometimes" Hosea sighed, sounding more concerned than angry.

"No" you pulled your arm out of Dutch's grasp. "I did nothing wrong. You're both just overreacting because if something happened to me you would blame yourselves" you knew that you were right.

"Y/n" Hosea warned as they both turned to look at you. They hadn't wanted to argue with you in the middle of the camp but it looked like that was what was about to happen.

"Stop talking to me like you're my disappointed parents, you're not. We're goddamn criminals and I'm just trying to help people who need it" you glared at them. Hosea was silent, just watching you. Sure, arguments happened but something felt different about this one. He couldn't help but feel a little hurt by your comment.

"Well you won't be helping anyone for a while. You aren't leaving this camp" Dutch told you sternly.

"You're not being serious" you looked between them, they were definitely being serious. "You can't ground me" you scoffed, crossing your arms over your chest.

"We just did" Dutch shrugged.

"...fine" you shrugged, your voice blank, before you walked away to your tent. Hosea and Dutch looked at each other, as if silently communicating and sighed.

-----

The next morning came and you still hadn't come out of your tent. Hosea and Dutch sat outside of the latter's tent, sharing a morning coffee.

"I'm worried about her..." Hosea confessed, breaking the silence.

"She'll be fine. She'll be talking to us again soon" Dutch shrugged. He knew that you would forgive them, you always did.

"I haven't seen her since our argument" Hosea told him.

"She's just sulking in her tent, don't worry about" Dutch dismissed the concern again.

"She hasn't sulked since she was a child" Hosea rolled his eyes. "I'm going to check on her" he decided as he stood up. Dutch just nodded as Hosea walked over to your tent.

"Y/n?" Hosea asked from outside the tent, sighing when you didn't answer him.

Lifting the canvas, Hosea stepped inside. Only to see that you weren't there and that your belongings were missing.

Dutch huffed to himself, Hosea went into your tent a little while ago and still hadn't come out. Now, Dutch was staring to get concerned. What was going on? Dutch stood and walked over to your tent, stepping inside.