You are Their Child and you Get into a Fistfight

Request: How they would react to their child getting into a fistfight with somebody else their age.

Arthur-

Arthur can't help but curse at how much you remind him of his younger self, he would have definitely gotten into fistfights at your age. However, that doesn't mean he condones it. He wants to do right by you, he wants you to be better than he was, he wants to protect you, and he will tell you all of this afterwards. He's pretty sympathetic and understanding, remembering what he was like at your age, but tries to get you to see what you can't just get into fights like that. He worries about you, a lot.

Dutch-

Dutch sees you and just takes a breath, lord give him strength. Hosea gives him a supportive pat on the shoulder. Dutch then goes to get you. Prepare for a long lecture, you won't be able to get a word in edgewise. You just have to watch him pace and talk about how stupid getting into fights was. You just take the lecture, knowing that he's only getting like this because he's worried about you and doesn't want you to get hurt. Dutch blames the more rowdy members of the gang for being a bad influence on you.

Micah-

Micah is one proud dad. He's patting you on the back, congratulating you for putting that other kid in their place, bragging about how you're his kid and you're making him proud. You are a Bell after all, it's in your blood. Unless you get hurt he really doesn't see the problem with it, he did worse stuff than that when he was your age. God help the other kid if they hurt you too badly though.

Charles-

You turn around from the fight and are instantly greeted by Charles standing only a couple of feet away, his arms crossed over his chest and an unreadable look on his face. The neutral look of disappointment. Charles isn't going to lecture you or punish you in some way because he knows that it won't change anything, he just wants to talk to you. He knew that he and the others had taught you enough to defend yourself but you still had to be reminded that you couldn't just jump to violence to solve your problems, you couldn't just get into fights. You know that he just wants you to stay safe. Even though he worries about you, he is more understanding if you had a valid reason for getting into the fight.

Javier-

Javier won't ever tell you this but he does feel a little bit of pride when you win, at least he knows that you can handle yourself, that's reassuring. Still, he doesn't like the idea of you just getting into fights, especially if he or anyone else wasn't around to step in if you get into too much trouble. Javier would give you a slight lecture, telling you that you have to be more careful, you can't just get into fights. You could get hurt and he just doesn't want that to happen to you.

Sean-

Sean is another proud dad. If you win the fight, you know he is going to be bragging about it until the die one of you dies. 'That's my kid!" If you lose the fight, he's very concerned, fussing over you and making sure you are alright. He doesn't want you to get hurt. He starts to get concerned if you make a habit out of starting fights with random people, he does try to deter you from doing such things, he wants what's best for you after all, but he couldn't help the sense of pride he feels when you win a fight.

Hosea-

Hosea is a disappointed dad, he will grab you by the collar of your shirt and pull you away. Expect a lecture. However, he is only disappointing if you started it, he raised you to know that violence should only be used if you couldn't charm your way out of a situation. It's just easier that way. If the other kid started it and you could explain yourself, Hosea would just give a disapproving hum but lets it go. He just didn't want you to get hurt and he would tell you that, just be careful.

Kieran-

At first Kieran just fusses over you, wanting to make sure that you are alright and unharmed. He will let someone tend to any injuries you have, even if they are only small, before he starts telling you how you can't just run around getting into fights. When he's telling you to be more careful, he is talking fast, almost frantically. He just didn't want you to get hurt. He will ask you what the other person did though, knowing that you wouldn't just start a fight for no reason. Either they started it or they deserved it, either way he would ask you to please be more careful.

John-

John just sighs, asking you what you were thinking (after making sure that you are alright). He gets annoyed if you say something along the lines of "oh yeah, like you've never gotten into a fight before" because he knows you are right and doesn't know how to respond. Eventually he confesses that he just wants you to be better than him, to act smarter than him. Stop getting into fights unless you have a damn good reason.

Bill-

Bill doesn't like that you got into a fight at all because it reminds him of himself. He's always causing or getting into trouble for no reason, he doesn't want you to end up like him and he makes sure to tell you that. He won't yell at you or chastise you, at least not as much as some of the others might. He just tells you that he wants you to be better than him and hopes that you listen to him. Gets you to promise that you will be more careful next time and try to avoid any fights.

Lenny-

Lenny understands that things can't always go smoothly, he understands that sometimes you just can't avoid things like this. As long as you tried to avoid ending up in a fight, it doesn't bother him too much, he is pretty fair. However, if you started it, it's his job as a parent to remind you that you can't just do stuff like that, you have to be more sensible, for your own sake. He just doesn't want you to get hurt and he tells you that, he doesn't want you to get into a fight one day that you can't get out of.

Strauss-

Leopold had never been the type to get into fights, mostly because he knew that he would never win one, even as a younger man. Still, he rarely ever thought of dealing with something using violence, he taught you to use your mind instead. But you still got into a fist fight with somebody else about your age. Afterwards he would have a few words with you, telling you that getting into a fight like that was stupid and dangerous. You just have to listen to the lecture he's about to give you, he punishes you by making you do the books for the gang, helping him manage the money for the next week.

Sadie-

Sadie will not hesitate grab you by the wrist and drag you away from the fight if she has too. If you started the fight for no reason, she won't be happy with you at all. However, if they started the fight and you didn't have much choice in the matter or you had a good reason to start a fist fight with this other person, she doesn't mind as much. She will still tell you that you have to be careful and not make a habit of getting into fight, she doesn't want you getting into trouble.

Trelawny-

Josiah is trying to offer you a softer life than those in the camp had so he isn't too pleased about you getting into a fistfight. He really does like the gang but he definitely blames them for influencing you like this, it's just uncivilised. He doesn't really get angry with you, just worried. He just makes sure that you are alright and makes sure that he tries harder to keep you out of danger and conflict in the future. Mutters something about needing to get you away from the camp more often.

Swanson-

Orville is mostly surprised at first, he couldn't believe that you had gotten into a fistfight with somebody. You had definitely learnt that off of the others, not himself. But what's done is done, he can't change what happened but he can talk to you about it. He is honest with you, simply telling you that he has done stupid stuff in the past that ruined a lot of things for him and he doesn't want the same thing to happen to you. He isn't exactly mad, you have grown up around violence, it's not too surprising that you got into a fight once. Still, he hopes that he can convince you to avoid it in the future.

Requests?