Micah Bell: Curiosity Part 2

Micah Bell X Female Reader

Summary: You get some time alone with Micah and accidentally make a confession.

Word Count: 2300

You were sitting with Micah, like you found yourself doing so often lately. The pair of you normally just sitting in a comfortable silence, just like now. It had become something that you enjoyed, enjoying his quiet company.

"What were you doing before you met Dutch?" you asked, breaking the silence.

"Same sorta shit" Micah shrugged. He didn't question your questions anymore and very rarely hesitated to answer them, he had become used to them.

"Yeah but were you running with anyone else?" of course you knew he was still an outlaw, you even knew that he did worse things than he had done since joining the gang. You were more curious about the company he might have kept.

"Not really, not for long anyway. Not since I was running with the old man" Micah shrugged again, taking a sip from his bottle of beer.

"You ran with your father and brother, right?" you remembered him mentioning something like that before.

"Yeah" Micah just nodded. You nearly rolled your eyes at his short answer but didn't dare to actually do it.

"What were they like?" you asked, encouraging him to give you a little more information.

"Outlaws" another short answer from Micah. You sighed and nodded, giving up on trying to talk to him. As Micah realised you were about to stand up, he spoke again, finding himself not wanting you to leave.

"My father is exactly what you would expect" Micah told you, getting you to settle back down in your seat and not leave. "By brother, not so much. Amos was always a coward, didn't have the stomach for this sort of life, too damn soft. Ended up running off, getting married and having kids in California. Pathetic really" he shook his head at the thought it his brother's new life.

"Oh yeah, sounds awful" you sarcastically agreed. Micah just chuckled to himself, glad that you are starting to relax more around him now.

"Ah I forgot, you'd probably like something like that" Micah didn't even notice the fond smile that crept its way onto his face.

"I dunno exactly but it doesn't sound bad, could be nice" you shrugged, knowing that Micah probably wouldn't be a fan of that kind of life.

"What about you? What were you doing before all this?" Micah asked, genuinely shocking you.

"Me?" you asked with slightly widened eyes. You were surprised that he was asking you about yourself, he had never asked you a personal question before, it was usually the other way round.

"Who else am I talking too?" Micah rolled his eyes.

"Oh, well...nothing too interesting. My parents weren't outlaws or anything. My mother died when I was young and my father was killed over some gambling debts he couldn't pay. After that, I had nowhere to go, started picking up little jobs here and there. Then I met Dutch and joined the gang, one of the best things to happen to me" you told him before drinking from your beer.

"To family" Micah mumbled, holding his beer bottle out towards you.

"To family" you laughed softly as you clinked your bottle against his. The two of you drank from your beers before returning to the comfortable silence you had become used too and fond of.

-----

You had just finished your chores for the day and were pretty sure that Karen was going to chase you down to ask you to help her with hers. Because of this, when you saw Micah preparing Baylock, you headed over to him.