Colm O'Driscoll: Quite the Effect

Colm O'Driscoll X Female Reader

Summary: Nobody has ever had such an effect on Colm O'Driscoll.

This is the first time I've wrote for Colm so please be kind XD

Word Count: 1700

Colm O'Driscoll wasn't a good man, everyone who knew his name knew that. There wouldn't be anyone who described Colm O'Driscoll as good, kind, compassionate, loving, or anything like that. These people wouldn't be wrong, Colm was none of these things...until you were involved anyway.

As soon as he saw you in town, he was instantly infatuated. In his eyes, you were a sweet little thing. Colm barely hesitated before approaching you in town, a smirk on his face as he grabbed your attention. Then you turned to him with a kind smile and, just for a moment, Colm forgot how to speak. You were the only person who had ever had this effect on him so if was fair to say that Colm was beyond interested in you.

After that encounter, Colm continued to visit the town, to visit you. You had completely captured his attention. With every visit, Colm became more infatuated with you. You were always warm and welcoming, despite the way he carried himself, however he had to admit that he was gentler around you.

The first time you lent up, resting your hand on his arm as you pressed a kiss to his cheek, he couldn't help but smile. He would never tell anyone about the slight pink colour that appeared on his cheeks.

Colm spent a lot of time with you, telling his men to mind their own business when they starting asking about his disappearances. He could just spend all his time with you.

Then he decided that it was time to move camp, there was no more money making opportunities nearby. Knowing that he had to leave, Colm rode into town and to where you lived. He asked you to go with him. For the first time in a very long time, Colm asked for something instead of demanding it.

You said yes. It had surprised him a little bit but he wouldn't argue with you, you were going to go with him, you would be his.

-----

Colm sighed as he sat on the edge of his cot, tossing his hat somewhere beside him carelessly. You frowned softly as you watched him. He was still talking about the situation with the Pinkerton detectives and Dutch Van der Linde, how they had offered Colm money for handing Dutch over to them.

Colm didn't confide in anyone, he didn't think that many people had much to offer. His men were followers, must of them weren't exactly bright so he was never going to ask them for their input. You were different though, you were like a breath of fresh air. You offered a new point of view and when he didn't need advice, you were happy to just listen. He would talk to you about anything, something he hadn't experienced before.

You silently walked over to him, standing between his legs. "Relax, whatever you do, you'll do it well" you assured him, cupping his face in your hands. "It's a good deal, just remember that you and Dutch used to be friends" you smiled softly, stroking your thumbs against his cheeks.

"Ah, none of that matters anymore. They're offering a lot of cash" Colm hummed, his hands coming to rest on your hips.

"Make a choice when you're more sure of yourself. You don't want to make a rushed decision about this" you advised as you ran your fingers through his hair.

"Very well, my love. Your advice hasn't failed me before" Colm smiled slightly as a soft laugh left your lips.

"You do need to relax though" you sighed.

"I love you, darlin'" Colm whispered as he rested his forehead against your stomach, just enjoying the feeling of having you close. It was comforting.