Micah Bell: She's Mine Part 3

Micah Bell & Daughter Reader

Summary: you're 14 now and your father gets arrested in Strawberry.

WARNINGS: the time line doesn't add up but I don't care, I'm tired and sick while writing this, please enjoy XD

Word Count: 2500

14 years.

Micah had raised a child for 14 years. To be honest, the rest of the gang are a little shocked that you're still alive. They're even more surprised that Micah Bell managed to raise such a decent human being. Sure, you had a lot of your father's traits but you were still more decent than he was. The rest of the gang still preferred you over your father.

You sat in the camp, not doing anything of much interest, you were just enjoying a quiet day since those were rare. Micah and Lenny were out on a job or something, you didn't know what exactly but your father said that they would be back soon.

Arthur and Dutch were talking just outside of Dutch's tent. You didn't even notice Lenny riding back into the camp until he spoke.

"Dutch! Arthur!" Lenny called as he dismounted his horse. You looked up to see where he was shouting from and almost thought that he was going to trip over his own feet.

"What's going on?" Dutch asked as he and Arthur walked over to Lenny, who was clearly shaken about something.

"They got Micah" Lenny told then as he hurried over to them, meeting them half way. Those words definitely caught your attention. "He, he's been arrested for murder. He was in Strawberry and-" he continued to explain, trying to catch his breath while simultaneously trying to get the words out. You ran over to three men, wanting to know what was going on.

"It's okay, son. Breathe" Dutch tried to calm Lenny down, so that he would be able to string a sentence together.

"...they nearly lynched me" Lenny started to speak once he caught his breath. "They...they got Micah in the sheriff's in Strawberry and there's talk of hanging him" he told the three of you and your heart dropped, your stomach twisted and you thought that you might be sick.

"Here's hoping" Arthur muttered to himself, he hadn't noticed you standing on the other side of Dutch. He didn't mean for you to hear it.

"Arthur" Dutch scolded, shooting him a quick glare.

"What?" Arthur asked, turning to look at Dutch, frowning when he spotted you standing beside Dutch. "Sorry, Y/n...but that fool brought this on himself" he apologised, feeling bad for saying that in front of you. "You know my feelings about him, Dutch" he said as he turned his attention back to Dutch, as if you magically couldn't hear him now.

"You think I can't see past his bluster to the heart inside? He is a fine man" Dutch said to Arthur and you resisted the urge to roll your eyes. You weren't naive, you knew that your father was far from a 'fine man' but you also knew that it was not the time to argue the matter.

"No, I ain't saving that fool" Arthur shook his head, still refusing to go.

"I can't go. My face will be all over West Elizabeth. I am asking. He would do it for you" Dutch snapped, clearly getting angry now. You just glanced between the two men, wondering how this was going to go.

"I don't think he would" Arthur scoffed.

"Arthur!" you snapped, getting his attention. "I get that you don't like him but he's my father. You're right. He wouldn't break you out of jail unless Dutch told him too but what the hell is wrong with you? His daughter his standing right in front of you. I don't care who goes or how they feel about it. All I know is that one of you is going to stop my father from getting killed" your tone definitely caught Arthur by surprise. You were angry, more than angry, but Arthur could also tell that you were scared. God, he felt so insensitive.