Charles Smith: Leader of the Pack Part 3

Look at how cute Charles looks in this photo!!!!

Charles Smith X Female Reader

Summary: You and Charles finally got to settle down and your family is growing.

C/n = child's name

Word Count: 1600

Life had settled down for you and Charles. You had kept in contact with John and Abigail, mostly through letters since you had moved rather far away. Canada to be exact, just like Charles had mentioned wanting to do a few times in the past. You had even kept in touch with Sadie, her letters few and far between due to her still moving around quite a lot but it was still nice to hear from her when you did.

The two of you were living in the exact type of place you both wanted to live. It was a rather secluded ranch that offered you both the privacy that you wanted to live out the rest of your lives in, somewhere quiet and peaceful. There was town nearby, not too long a ride, reasonable in your opinion. The privacy of the ranch also allowed you to keep the wolves around without complaints of anyone living nearby.

Your new lifestyle was a big change from what you had both become used too. It was nothing like the camp but you both liked it that way, finally moving on from the mess everything had become.

Of course, Charles had talked about moving to Canada after the downfall of the gang but he had also spoken about wanting to raise a family there. Another goal of his that became a reality. He couldn't have been happier when you told him that you were pregnant. You both found it sweet, and honestly rather interesting, when the wolves started to become even more protective of you. You swore that they knew what was going on.

Charles was amazing during the pregnancy and the labour, he was calming and in control. You couldn't have asked him to be any better. Afterwards, he also wouldn't let you get up in the night to tend to the child. Unless they were hungry. Whenever you both woke up to the sound of crying, Charles would tell you to go back to sleep because you needed your rest, leaving a kiss on your forehead before leaving the bed.

The wolves had been agitated, seemingly nervous, on the few days leading up to your labour and they all seemed much more relaxed after you had given birth. You and Charles loved the wolves and trusted them with your lives but neither of you knew how they would react around the newborn baby, so you were careful.

When you introduced the wolves to your child, all of your concerns disappeared. They were all so careful and gentle with the baby, it made your heart melt.

Now your child was two years old and there had been a few other new additions to the family. Well, more like a lot of new additions. You weren't the only one to have a child, the wolves had their own litters. Now you had a lot of wolves hanging around the ranch but it made you feel safe, knowing that they wouldn't let anything happen to your family.

-----

"How's he doing?" you asked as you walked into the room with your child on your hip, smiling when they made a noise of joy as they saw their father.

"Well" Charles assured you, smiling when he saw you and his child walking into the room.

Charles was sitting in the lounge, sitting on the floor and leaning back against the couch. In his lap was a small wolf pup. He had been the runt of the litter, born with a bad leg. Charles had assured you that the wolf would be fine as long as you both helped him build up the strength in that leg, it broke your heart that if he had been born in the wild he would have died.

You and Charles both knew that these were wild animals and shouldn't be treated like domesticated dogs but they were also extremely loving and loyal. They were allowed in the house but spent a lot of time outside, allowed to wander off for as long as they wished but they always came back. Your little family were apart of their pack, it was that simple.