Javier Escuella: Uniform

Javier Escuella X Female Reader

Summary: You join the men on the riverboat robbery and find that you like the way Javier looks in his new uniform.

Word Count: 2200

Arthur held his hand up to you, helping you down from the carriage. You thanked him before the pair of you followed Trelawny towards the riverboat. The three of you spotted Javier and Strauss waiting, talking between themselves.

"Gentlemen! How wonderful to see you" Trelawny greeted the two men as you all approached them, the act of the night beginning. "Arthur, you remember this pair of boys we met in New York?" he asked and Arthur just nodded, not having the same flare for the dramatic as the other man. You and Javier smiled at each other once you were standing in front of them.

"C'mon gentlemen, champagne is on dear old Arthur. He's rich as can be and feeling luckier than a turkey that survived Thanksgiving!" Trelawny announced and you bit back a small laugh. You felt a little bad for Arthur, he looked uncomfortable and out of his depth. This wasn't really who he was, it was definitely who Trelawny was.

The four of you began to follow Trelawny towards the boat but you and Javier fell back slightly, walking beside each other.

"You look wonderful, hermosa" Javier complimented as he lent towards you, close enough to talk in your ear.

"Thank you" you smiled, a light pink colour dusting over your cheeks. "As do you" you took a second to take in what he was wearing, a nice tailored suit. You couldn't argue that Javier knew how to dress. "You do look good in a suit" you complimented.

"It's a shame I won't be able to wear it for much longer" Javier complained, running a hand over his jacket to smooth out the creases.

"I'm sure it won't be for long" you assured him.

"I hope not" Javier sighed, making you chuckle.

"C'mon, c'mon, let's head aboard" Trelawny ushered you all onto the boat, a bright smile on his face.

It was a little later on, when it was dark and the boat was heading down the river, that the plan was set into action.

"Right, I'll go find myself a change of clothes" Javier nodded to you all.

"Okay" Arthur nodded back.

"Be careful" you smiled up at him.

"You too" Javier pressed a kiss to your cheek before walking away.

"Shall we?" Trelawny asked, looking at you and Arthur. Strauss was already waiting in the other room for you all.

You both nodded as Trelawny held his arm out for you. You gently took hold of his elbow and the three of you stepped into the game room.

"Now have a good time but don't lose too much money or your wife is going to kill me" Trelawny was talking to Arthur but it was more like he was announcing it to the room, making sure everyone believed the act. You were pretty sure Trelawny just enjoyed acting like this, no matter where he was.

"Whatever you say" Arthur nodded, the two of you sharing an amused look.

"Say hi to the wife for me" you teased, making Arthur chuckle as you walked away with Trelawny.

"Now, let's get some cocktails" Trelawny grinned.

"I'm beginning to think that we have the easiest job" you hummed, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Job? What job?" Trelawny asked, feigning confusion.

"Right, right, my bad" you laughed quietly, shaking your head as you walked up to the bar with him.