Hosea Matthews: Wealthy

Hosea Matthews X Female Reader

Summary: You tell Hosea that you have some, a lot, of saved up cash.

Word Count: 1500

You have been running with the Van der Linde gang for a while now. You had met them during your travels after your parents died, you had helped them out on a job and in returned they offered you a place to stay. It would be fair to say that they had become a family to you.

"I'm telling you, Arthur, one more big score. We'll be fine" Dutch assured as he walked through the camp, you, Arthur and Hosea trailing behind him.

"You said 'one more score' five scores ago" Arthur mumbled, you stayed quiet but silently agreed with him.

"I know, son" Dutch sighed as you all reached his tent and he turned to face you all. "But I have a good feeling about this, have some faith" he looked between of you, waiting for any objection or argument.

Arthur just nodded, deciding not to argue with him about it. Hosea patted Arthur's shoulder in a reassuring and encouraging manner before walking away. You gave Arthur a small smile before walking away as well, catching up with Hosea.

"Hosea, can I speak with you?" you asked as you walked along beside him.

"Sure" Hosea nodded, smiling warmly at you. He placed his hand on your back as you both walked away from the noise of the camp, finding somewhere more private to talk. "What's on your mind?" he asked gently once you were out of earshot of anyone in the camp.

"I wanted to talk about our...money situation" you told him. Even though you were a little hesitant to tell him what you had been hiding from the gang, you felt strangely comfortable. You loved how Hosea made you feel like you could talk to him about anything.

"Y/n, you don't have to worry about that. We will figure it out, Dutch already has some jobs in mind and we will fine plenty more" Hosea assured you, assuming that you were concerned about the camp running low on funds.

"No it's not...it's a little hard to explain but I thought I should talk to you about it" you sighed.

"Alright" Hosea nodded, patiently waiting for you to speak.

"I have some money...a lot actually" you awkwardly scratched the back of your neck. You were a little worried that he would be mad at you for holding out on them.

"What do you mean?" his brow furrowed in confusion.

"Please don't be mad, I don't want you to think that I've been holding out on you all or anything like that..." you sighed and when he didn't say anything, you continued to explain yourself. "I've got a lot of money, my family were really wealthy people...when they passed, I inherited their wealth. I have been keeping it somewhere safe in case I needed it, before I joined the gang I was planning on using it to get a place to live but now I'm here and...well, I could invest it into the gang" you finished your explanation.

"No" Hosea spoke firmly, surprising you.

"What?" you asked, confused and concerned. Had you done something wrong?

"I won't let you do that. I'm not mad that you didn't tell us about this but you don't need to give us your money" Hosea explained his objection, shaking his head.

"But it's for the gang's future" you frowned. You knew that if you had gone to Dutch about this, he would have smiled and thanked you for your contribution. Why wasn't Hosea as encouraging?

"That's your money, you'll need that one day. Keep it for when you want to settle down because, trust me, you'll want to one day. I won't let you give it to Dutch, even if you want to help the gang" Hosea insisted and it was pretty clear that you wouldn't be able to argue about this with him.