Arthur Morgan: Affectionate

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: Arthur is feeling extra affectionate today.

Just a short one, sorry!

Word Count: 1000

It had taken a while for Arthur to get comfortable and secure enough to initiate affection and to be able to show affection around the camp. He had never rejected affection when you showed it to him, happily letting you take hold of his hand or give him a quick kiss, but it took him a little while to be able to initiate affection with you and feel secure in knowing that you were alright with it.

This had nothing to do with you, it was just due to his own insecurities. He honestly felt lucky just from knowing that you were with him, that you wanted him, and he didn't want to risk anything by doing something that you didn't want or weren't comfortable with.

Yet, Arthur loved when you showed him affection, whether it was in private or in public. You clearly enjoyed showing him affection and that's what gradually convinced him to start initiating the affection in public.

-----

Arthur smiled a little to himself as he walked over to you. He caught your attention by brushing his fingers against yours, making you turn to him with a smile on your face.

"Hey, Dutch and I are going to head out" Arthur told you as you laced your fingers through his and he lent in to quickly kiss your cheek. Arthur had to go into town with Dutch to meet someone or something along those lines, you didn't really know the details.

"Promise you'll be careful" you nodded, fully turning your body to face him.

"I'll try my best" Arthur assured you.

"Well, try harder than that" you rolled your eyes fondly, making Arthur chuckle.

"Okay" he promised you, earning a smile from you. He returned your smile, leaning down to give you a quick kiss before he had to go and meet Dutch by the horses.

-----

You placed the hay-bale down by the horses before standing up straight again with a quiet sigh. You jumped a little when two strong arms wrapped around your waist but relaxed as you knew exactly who it was. He pressed his chest to your back, resting his chin on your shoulder.

"Hey" Arthur greeted you, pressing a gentle kiss to you neck.

"Hey" you giggled, placing your hands on top of his. "How did everything go?" you asked, looking over your shoulder in an attempt to see his face.

"Fine, nothin' went wrong so I'd say pretty good...boring though" Arthur told you with a small shrug, making you chuckle. "You almost finished with your chores?" he asked, pulling away from you enough to let you turn around.

"Yeah, just moving these hay-bales and then I'll be done" you nodded as you turned around in his arms, placing your hands on his chest.

"I'll give you a hand, got the rest of the day free" Arthur offered, instantly making you smile.

"You mean that I get you to myself all day?" you asked, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"Exactly" Arthur smiled, pulling your body against his.

You laughed softly to yourself as Arthur lent down to you. Meeting him halfway, your lips met his in a loving kiss. You were mostly out of sight of the rest of the gang, except for Kieran who had been walking over before swiftly turning on his heel and walking away.

Arthur helped you move all the hay-bales over to the horses, meaning that you had finished your chores and could get a drink with him.

The two of you sat at the campfire with some other members of the gang, all of you talking among yourself. Arthur placed his hand on your back before slipping his arm around your waist, silently encouraging you to lean into him and that's exactly what you did. He kissed the top of your head and you just smiled, definitely enjoying the extra affection that Arthur has been giving you today.

-----

That was how the rest of the day went by, you barely ever leaving Arthur's side, his arm around you, holding you against him or his hand at least touching you in some way, sharing kisses and soft words of affection. You and Arthur didn't always get a lot of time together since everyone likes to keep him busy and you always cherish the time you do get together, but you were extra appreciative of his extra affection mood.

Arthur's hand fell from the small of your back as he lifted the canvas for you to step into the tent, entering it behind you before closing the canvas.

Before you could say anything, Arthur took one of your hands in his and pulled you towards him. You laughed as you gently collided with his chest, your hand landing onto his shoulder to steady yourself.

"What's going on with you today?" you asked, amused, as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"What do you mean?" Arthur asked as he wrapped his arms around your waist, holding you against him.

"I dunno...you've just been very affectionate" you shrugged, a smile still on your face.

"Is that a problem? I mean, I can stop if you want" Arthur frowned a little, placing his hands on your hips and pulling away from you slightly.

"No, no, no. Not at all. It's definitely not a problem, it's the opposite of a problem. I was just wondering why, definitely not complaining" you assured him, pulling him back towards you.

"Oh well...I guess I just wanted too, is that okay?" Arthur told you, relaxing slightly but still searching your face for your reaction.

"That's more than okay" you assured him again, leaning up and kissing him to dissolve any other concerns he had. Arthur instantly kissed your back, smiling a little against your lips. "I love you" you smiled as you pulled away from the kiss.

"I love you too" Arthur spoke softly as he rested his forehead against yours.

The rest of the night was spent just between the two of you, wrapped in each other's arms and talking between yourselves, sharing the occasional kiss. You loved hearing Arthur laugh, the laugh you only ever really heard when you were alone. You loved his smile even more. You just loved him.

Requests?