Kieran Duffy: Home Sweet Home

Kieran Duffy X Female Reader

Summary: Kieran is captured by the O'Driscolls and the gang saves him. When he gets back, he just wants and needs your affection.

Word Count: 2000

It's been days. Only a couple of days, not even a week, but it felt like months. Kieran had disappeared after a party that the gang was throwing and you had been worried sick. Dutch kept telling you that Kieran would be fine, that he had just wandered off. But you knew that was bullshit.

Kieran would never just wander away from the camp for so long, not without telling you at least. Dutch didn't want to think about it, he didn't want fix it, you wondered whether he even cared at all. However, that didn't stop you from trying to get him home.

You had spoken to Arthur about it and he agreed with you, Kieran wouldn't just disappear and Dutch wasn't going to do anything about it. Arthur could see how much it pained you that Kieran was possibly in trouble and he had to admit that Kieran had grown on him. Kieran saved Arthur's life and it was time to return the favour. Arthur gathered a group of men who wanted to help and assured you that they would do their absolute best to bring Kieran back to the camp.

This morning Arthur and the rest of the team came hurrying back into the camp with news about Kieran's whereabouts. They found out that he had been captured by the O'Driscolls and was being held at one of their camps.

You weren't sure whether it was because Kieran was in danger or because the O'Driscolls were involved but the rest of the gang now seemed interested in helping, you were pretty sure that it was the latter and it hurt you.

You spent the rest of the day pacing the camp, unable to relax while the others went to find Kieran and bring him back to the camp.

It was the afternoon when horses finally galloped back into the camp. As soon as you saw them, you froze, looking around to spot Kieran's face. Oh God, you hoped that they managed to get him back safely.

The men dismounted their horses and Arthur turned to help a familiar man off of the back of his horse.  It was Kieran and you weren't sure how you felt about the sight, you were happy that he was alive and home but he was beaten and dishevelled.

Kieran's shirt was dirty and torn, stained in his own blood. His hair was a mess, hanging over his face and probably knotted. Even from this distance you could see that his face was beaten but you couldn't make out the details. You didn't know what he had been through and you didn't want to think about it, it must have been awful. Your heart ached at just the sight of him.

Arthur patted his shoulder gently before stepping away from him. Kieran could stand on his own and started walking into the camp, a little slow since it was painful for him. But he could still walk so you figured that he would be fine once he healed up.

As soon as you snapped out of your frozen state, seeing Kieran walking into the camp, you hurried over to him.

"Kieran, oh my God. Are you okay?" you asked as you ran up to him, gently cupping his face in your hands as you came to a halt in front of him. Your gaze scanned his face, examining it.

Kieran had definitely seen better days, he looked worse than he did when he first joined the gang and was tied to that damn tree. His bottom lip was split open on one side, his eyebrow on the other side of his face was split open as well. He had black eye and a bruise on his cheekbone. It made you sick that he had to go through that, he just didn't deserve it.

"I'm okay" Kieran assured you as he nuzzled his face into one of your hands, his eyes softly closing. He had missed your touch, he had missed the gentleness that you treated him with. It felt so good to feel a soft touch after everything he had experienced.