Leopold Strauss: German

Leopold Strauss X Female Reader

Summary: You discover that Leopold likes hearing you speak in German, you just couldn't let that opportunity pass you by.

Word Count: 1200

It was early morning in the Van der Linde camp and everyone was just getting up and ready for the day. You noticed Strauss was sitting at a table on his own, already working on something in that book of his. It seemed like he had already been awake for hours.

"Guten Morgen, Herr Strauss, wie geht es Ihnen heute?" you asked the man with a smile as you walked over to him. Just saying 'Good morning' and asking how he was today.

"Very well, thank you...you speak German?" Strauss asked, looking up at you curiously. You couldn't help but feel a little bit of pride when you caught his interest, you knew that it wasn't easy to actually intrigue Leopold Strauss.

"A little. My mother was German, she taught me" you told him with a small smile.

"I did not know that about you" Strauss confessed, still looking up at you with interest written across his face.

"Not many people do, I guess I never really thought it was important before" you shrugged.

"Faszinierend" Strauss hummed, fascinating. That was the moment that you realised that Strauss liked hearing you speak German, you would definitely keep that in mind.

-----

Since then you decided to speak German around Strauss more often. You wanted to see what sort of reactions it would get from him.

You walked over to Strauss once you saw that he was alone. "Du siehst heute gut aus" you complimented, telling him that he looked good today.

"I do?" Strauss asked, giving you a confused look.

"Ich mag dein Shirt. Ist es neu?" you asked him if his shirt was new as you reached over and gently played with the collar of his shirt, smiling and resting your palm on his chest before dropping your hand back to your side.

"Nein, I have worn it before" Strauss shook his head, the expression on his face remaining confused.

"Hmm, wonder what it is then" you hummed before just smiling at him and walking away. Leopold furrowed his brow as he watched you walking away, a smile still on your face. What were you up to?

-----

You smiled, pride filling your chest, as Leopold laughed to himself. You had actually managed to make him laugh. Seeing him smile was a rare sight, seeing him laugh was like a miracle. A miracle that you would like to see again.

"Du solltest öfter lächeln. Dein Lächeln ist wunderschön" you complimented his smile, telling him that he should do it more often.

"Vielen Dank. Aber dein Lächeln ist schöner" Leopold thanked you before telling you that your smile was more beautiful than his, making you smile even more. Part of you couldn't believe that he was complimenting you back, this was the first time that he did something like that. "Du hast gerade bewiesen, was ich gesagt habe" he told you that you just proved what he said, offering you a kind smile.

Was Leopold trying to turn the tables? Was he beginning to flirt back? You couldn't believe it but you weren't going to complain.

-----

Strauss was sitting with Bill and Javier, mostly because they just happened to sit down at the table he was sitting at. You chuckled to yourself when you saw the three men, you knew that Strauss probably wouldn't want to be sitting with them. You walked over to the table and stood beside Leopold, leaning back against the table.