Bill Williamson: Insecure

Bill Williamson X Female Reader

Summary: Bill starts to doubt himself.

Word Count: 1700

Bill had messed up, he knew that. He knew it as soon as it happened but even if he didn't realise it, everyone else had made it painfully clear. The gang had been on a job, nothing too big but he still managed to mess it up some how.

It really wasn't that big of a deal, in the end the job got done and they all got back to the camp unharmed. The rest of the gang weren't mad at Bill, it wasn't a big deal, but that didn't stop them from teasing about it every now and again. The comments may have been made out of jest, playful teasing to amuse themselves while ignoring the way his jaw clenched, how his fists balled, or how he occasionally snapped at them.

Bill rolled his eyes at yet another mocking comment, another one telling him how dumb he is. They walked away chuckling to themselves while he just took another drink from his beer, then his gaze landed on you and a familiar feeling started stirring in his gut. He hated that feeling.

He had been so lost in his thoughts that he hadn't noticed you walking over to him until he felt your arms wrapping around his neck. You pressed pressed your chest against his back as you leaned over to kiss his cheek.

"Hey" you smiled, resting your chin on his shoulder.

"Hey..." Bill muttered, making you frown instantly. Something was wrong, some times you could read him like a book.

"What's wrong?" you asked as you pressed another quick kiss to his cheek.

"Nothin'" Bill grunted, he still hadn't even looked at you.

"Bill?" you asked with a frown, your brow furrowing slightly in confusion. You pulled away from him, moving to stand in front of him so that you could see his face better.

"I said it's nothin'" he grumbled as he stood up, leaving his empty beer bottle on the table, before walking away.

You just remained at the table, frowning as you watched Bill walking away. You knew that there was definitely something wrong, he wasn't a very good actor, but you also knew that Bill wasn't very good at talking about how he felt. You would have to be patient, patient and understanding, but you didn't mind. For now, you would just wait for Bill to drop his defences.

-----

You sighed to yourself, watching Bill move through the camp. It had been a few days now and you didn't see him getting any better but he still wouldn't let you in, no matter how hard you tried. He had been acting distant, not even being able to look you in the eyes. You were used to dealing with Bill when he was being difficult but you can't remember a time that he acted like this around you.

As the night went on and everyone started to head to their bedrolls, you saw Bill ducking into your shared tent. Taking a breath, you headed over to your tent, deciding that you were going to get Bill to speak about whatever was bothering him even if it killed you.

You stepped into the tent, closing the canvas behind you. Bill was sitting on the edge of the cot, pulling his shoes off and tossing them to the side. He lanced at you but immediately looked away.

"Bill...what's going on?" you asked gently, walking towards him.

"What do you mean?" Bill mumbled, busying himself with removing his jacket.

"You know exactly what I mean. You've been acting...different. You've been distant...you've barely looked me in the eyes over the last few days. I'm worried, Bill" you told him, now standing in front of him.