The Van der Linde Gang: Thief

Van der Linde Gang & Teenage Female Reader
Dutch Van der Linde & Teenage Female Reader

Summary: Not having much of a choice, you steal from the Van der Linde gang. Getting caught was not part of the plan but will their leader have mercy on you?

(You are 14)

Word Count: 2700

You ducked under another branch, huffing to yourself as you wrapped your arms around yourself, fighting to keep out the cold. It wasn't a particularly cold night but the chilly breeze was enough to make you shiver when you weren't expecting it. There was no natural shelter around here, other than the trees but they wouldn't keep you dry or warm.

Valentine hadn't been kind to you. A man had found you dozing off behind his store and shooed you away, making sure that he chased you out of town. You didn't have the money to rent a room for the night but you still needed to get some rest somewhere. You had been walking for the rest of the evening, away from Valentine and through the trees.

You paused when you heard the faintest sound of music. Where you going mad? You cautiously approached the sound, it getting louder with each step you took. Eventually you started to hear muffled voices and see a soft glow of light. There was a camp close by and where there was a camp, there was usually food.

A sound of footsteps approaching you made you stumble backwards and hide behind a tree. You peaked around the trunk to see who was there. It was a heavy set man, with a rather untamed beard. His most noticeable characteristic was that he was holding a rifle in his hands, you figured that he was keeping watch to make sure nobody came across the camp. Smart.

The man started walking away again and you took the chance to move closer to the camp, as you got closer you came across another man. You had to place your hand over your mouth to muffle your giggle. He was a younger man with bright ginger hair. He was sitting against a large rock, out of sight from passersby. His hat was tilted over his eyes slightly while his head was tilted back, his lips parted slightly as he snored quietly into the night. Sleeping on the job.

You crept past him, managing not to wake him. Finally you made it to the camp, taking cover behind another tree as you examined the area.

It was a pretty large camp, they were probably staying here for a while rather than just passing through on a hunting trip or something. There were plenty of people, men and women, even a child. Most of the women seemed to be sitting together and chatting between themselves. The men were scattered throughout the camp, most of them sitting at the campfire while other sat at the few tables.

Looking around some more, you finally saw the wagon where they kept the food. You hesitated for only a moment before entering the camp, reaching the wagon without being seen.

When the coast was clear you grabbed two tins of beans, they probably wouldn't even notice they were missing. That sound be all you needed for now, they had plenty of food but they clearly weren't fortunate people so you didn't want to take too much from them. You placed the cans in your satchel before ducking back down behind the wagon.

You took a breath and glanced around one last time before heading back out of the camp, feeling rather successful.

An almost silent gasp escaped you as you felt a hand wrap around your wrist. You looked up with wide eyes, seeing a blonde woman frowning down at you. "I saw you, stealing from us" the woman glared at you.

"I-I'm sorry, miss...I...I..." you stuttered, your heart was in your throat, making it difficult to talk. "I-I'll put them back, please let me go" you pleaded as you tried to tug your wrist of of her grasp.