Arthur Morgan: You're Mine

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: Arthur's jealously gets the better of him and he wants to make it up to you while reminding you why you're with him.

WARNINGS: some angst? Smut/NSFW

Word Count: 3200

You and Arthur had been dating for a while now and neither of you could be happier in the relationship. You thought that Arthur was simply wonderful, you loved everything about him. You loved how much he cared about the gang and how hard he worked for them, how sweet he is to you, how he draws in his journal and blushes when he lets you look at them. You just love everything about him.

Arthur loves you as well, more than anything. Everyday he wonders what he did to deserve you, wondering how he could have ever been so lucky to have you come into his life and return his love. He loved you and he knew that you loved him too but that didn't stop the self doubt from creeping up on him from time to time.

You knew that Arthur struggled with his self confidence, often being insecure about your relationship. You wished that he would be able to see himself the way that you saw him but you weren't put off by his insecurities, you were happy to reassure him each time and remind him that you love him, telling him exactly why you loved him. You wished that he had the confidence that he should have but you didn't mind it.

Arthur rode into the camp, having just returned from a job. He dismounted his horse and headed straight over to Dutch, needing to give him the camp's share of the score. As he walked towards Dutch's tent, Arthur glanced around the camp for you. It was unusual for you to not come and greet him.

"Hey Dutch!" Arthur called as he got closer to the tent that Dutch was sitting outside of. "Have you seen Y/n?" he asked as he held the cash out to the older man.

"Sure, I sent her after a stagecoach with Javier. They should be back soon" Dutch told him as he took the money, lazily thumbing through it.

"Right, thanks" Arthur nodded, his mood instantly lowering as he walked away from Dutch and towards his own tent. His sudden change of tone earned a confused glance from Dutch, but he didn't say anything.

Arthur has noticed how Javier act around you, how he looks at you and jokes with you. It hadn't bothered him at first, you were friends and he didn't care about that. However, it slowly began to become very clear that Javier was flirting with you. Arthur wasn't the only one to notice either, John had noticed and had teased Arthur about it, earning a hit on the back of the head.

He couldn't wrap his head around it at first, unable to believe that Javier was flirting with you when he knew that you were with Arthur. Did he really think that you would leave him for him?

Javier had always been better with women. Women seemed to like Arthur before he opened his mouth and said the wrong thing but Javier never seemed to say the wrong thing. It was starting to put some doubts in Arthur's mind.

Admittedly, Arthur wasn't fond of the idea of you and Javier doing a job alone but he trusted you. It was Javier that worried him. He wasn't scared of you cheating on him, he was afraid of you coming to your senses and leaving him for somebody better. The thought saddened him, it made him angry but he knew that he wouldn't even be able to blame you for it.

-----

You rode back into the camp with Javier, both of you happy and laughing, still enthused about a job well done. It had gone smoothly and quickly, just like you wanted.

"Next time I need an extra pair of hands, I'm coming straight to you, chica" Javier complimented as you both dismounted your horses.

"Thanks, Javier" you chuckled, both you waling into the camp.