Arthur Morgan: Our Own Path

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader (Native American Reader)

Summary: Arthur meets someone special when visiting Charles at the Wapiti reservation, he just had no idea how important you would become to him.

(By the way, Arthur doesn't have tuberculous in this!)

Word Count: 2900

Arthur dismounted his horse once he rode into the Wapiti Indian Reservation, hitching the horse to a nearby post. He had rode here to meet Charles, who wanted to talk to him about helping Rains Fall and his son.

But he didn't get much of a chance to meet with them before Eagle Flies walked past him, followed by an unfamiliar woman. It would have been embarrassing if anyone had saw him but Arthur was already staring at you with heart eyes. He definitely hadn't seen you around here before but he thought that you were absolutely gorgeous.

"Perhaps you should listen to your father. This sounds too dangerous" you sighed, making Arthur's interest peak again. He could have cursed himself for being so taken with you before even having spoken to you.

"You agree with my father now? I thought you wanted to take action" Eagle Flies frowned as he stopped walking and turned to face you, looking genuinely hurt and disappointed.

"I don't think that sitting back and taking it is the best strategy but I don't think this suicide mission is either" you tried to reason. "I'm just saying...maybe we should take a moment to think this through properly" you suggested.

"Trust me, Y/n...I know what I'm doing" Eagle Flies tried to assure you by placing his hands on your shoulders and giving them a small squeeze before turning around and walking away.

"I hope so" you mumbled to yourself, running your hand through your hair. Arthur was willing to bet that your hair felt as silky as it looked, he shook his head to dismiss the thought.

Arthur found himself approaching you, unaware of his own actions. His feet were carrying him towards you and now he had to think of something to say. Idiot.

"Is there a problem?" Arthur asked, watching at Eagle Flies walked out of sight.

"A problem? I suppose not. Problems have solutions and this doesn't seem to have one of those" you sighed as you turned to unfamiliar voice, looking up at the new man. You were confident that you knew who this was.

"You don't think he should be fighting so hard?" he asked.

"I think he should stand firm in his beliefs, I don't think he should run towards the bullets to do so" you explained. "Still, I'll fight by his side. No matter how hopeless it seems, it's what we do" you shrugged, knowing that it probably sounded stupid. Arthur only nodded, a small smile forming on his face, that sounded very familiar to him.

"Anyway, enough of all that. You must be Arthur Morgan, I'm Y/n L/n" you introduced yourself with a smile and it nearly took Arthur's breath away. What was wrong with him? No woman has had this effect on him before and he had barely even had a conversation with you.

"I...how do you know my name?" Arthur asked, his brow furrowing slightly in confusion.

"You're serious? Eagle Flies and his father speak of you rather often, Charles mentions you from time to time as well" you told him. As soon as you saw him, you just knew that he had to be Arthur.

"You know Charles?" Arthur asked yet another question. He knew that it was a stupid question, the whole reservation probably knew who Charles was at this point.

"Sure, he spends a lot of time around here these days" you chuckled and it was like music to Arthur's ears. "You're here to meet with him and Rains Fall, right?" you asked.