Dutch Van der Linde: Guard Duty

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader

Summary: It's been too long since you and Dutch had any real time together, Dutch plans to change that.

WARNINGS: smut/NSFW (just all smut)

Word Count: 1800

You sighed as you shifted your weight onto your other foot, still holding the rifle in your hands. The night was slowly getting colder but the bottle of whiskey sitting at the base of the tree beside you was the remedy for that.

You had been on guard duty for about two hours now and would continue to be until morning. Sure, you didn't really have to be on watch. You had been in a relationship with Dutch for a while now and if he had it his way, you wouldn't have to lift a finger. But you were a member of the gang before getting involved with Dutch and you didn't want people to think that you were getting special treatment, even though you totally were. You were happy to work the same way you usually did, and that meant participating in guard duty.

Dutch also sighed to himself as he closed his book, placing it down on the bedside table. He glanced towards the exit of his tent before rolling his eyes and resting his head back against his pillow. He knew that you wouldn't be coming to bed tonight, you were on guard duty so he wouldn't see you until morning. Then you would be going to bed to get some sleep while he started his day.

You had both been so busy recently, with you going on jobs and Dutch being under the stress of running the camp, you just hadn't had the time or energy to be together. Dutch was growing restless of this, of not being with you.

You placed your gun down, resting it against a tree, before picking up the bottle of whiskey. You took a sip from the bottle before placing it back down.

Before you could pick up your rifle again and return to your position, you felt somebody wrap a hand around your arm. You opened your mouth to shout or to do something but a hand clasped over your mouth as your attacker pushed you up against the nearest tree.

You didn't have the time to process what was happening before you were pinned to the tree by another body, one hand over your mouth to muffle any sound you made and another hand wrapped around your neck, the hold on your neck wasn't tight or threatening just...there.

Your wide eyes returned to their usual size when you saw a the familiar face. You nearly rolled your eyes when you saw the small smirk on his face, what the hell was he doing?

Dutch pulled his hand away from your mouth but before you could question him, his lips were on yours. You felt absolutely no need to fight this, so you returned his kiss as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

His hands fell from your neck and face, holding your waist as he pressed his body against yours. It had definitely been too long since you had last been with Dutch, since you were last able to hold him and kiss him like this.

Using every bit of willpower you had, you placed your hands on his shoulders and pushed him away. "Dutch, what are you doing? I'm supposed to be on watch" you laughed breathlessly, not that you were complaining about the change of events.

"I've missed you, darling" Dutch rested his forehead against yours as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

"I've missed you too" you confessed as you wrapped your arms around his neck, happy to be holding him close.

"It's been too long" he started to kiss down and back up your neck.

"It has" you agreed with a slight hum, combing your fingers through his hair. "But here? You're going to distract me from my duties?" you smirked, making him chuckle.