Andrew Milton: Bargaining Chip Part 7

Andrew Milton X Female Reader

Summary: Just a glimpse into the life you created with Andrew.

Word Count: 1600

Andrew sighed as he walked through the front door of your shared house, closing it behind him before slipping off his coat. He hung the coat up beside the door before turning and walking further into the house. As soon as he walked into the living room, he saw you and a smile appeared on his face.

You were sitting in the armchair in front of the fireplace with a book in your hands. You were wearing some comfortable pants that were cuffed at the ends, one of his shirts that you had tucked into the waistband of the pants with the sleeves folded at your elbows and the top few buttons undone. You're hair was tied back lazily but you still managed to look beautiful.

When Andrew first met you, he could have never imagined you in such a domestic environment. Sitting in front of the fire, reading silently to yourself, instead of running around with a gang of outlaws. Yet, here you were.

You seemed to be too lost in your own little world to even notice when he walked into the room. Andrew just smiled as he walked over to you, placing the mail down on the coffee table before stepping around the arm chair to stand between you and the fireplace.

Andrew chuckled quietly to himself when you jumped slightly, turning your attention to him instead of your book.

"Jesus, Andrew, you scared me. I didn't hear you come in" you chuckled lightly, placing your hand over your heart.

"I noticed, you must be really into that book" Andrew chuckled along with you.

"It's the best romance novel I've ever read, I don't even like romance novels!" you gushed, closing the book after marking your page.

"The Lady of the Manor?" Andrew asked as he took the book from you, examining the cover.

"By Leslie Dupont, she's an incredible author" you nodded, a smile spreading across your face.

"Well, it must be good if it can keep your attention" he shrugged before handing the book back to you.

"Ha ha, very funny" you said sarcastically, rolling your eyes.

"Aw, come on, you know I'm only joking" Andrew chuckled again.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Come here" you rolled your eyes before standing up. You placed the book down on the coffee table before taking Andrew's hand in your own, gently pushing him down onto the armchair.

Andrew just chuckled as he sat down, his smile never fading as you sat down on his lap, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"How was your day?" you asked, using one hand to take his hat off.

"Fine, better now" Andrew smiled, running his hand up your waist while you tossed his hat onto the couch.

"Oh, you charmer" you shook your head as you ran your fingers through his hair. "I still can't believe I'm married to a sheriff, who would have predicted that?" you asked rhetorically.

"Well, you aren't exactly the scary outlaw I used to think you were" he pointed out, a small smirk forming on his face.

"How dare you?" you asked, mocking offence as you gasped dramatically. The pair of you laughed along together, Andrew's hand continue to stroke up and down your waist. "You want a drink or just wanna go to bed?" you asked, brushing your knuckles against his cheek.

"Bed sounds wonderful" Andrew smiled. You returned his smile as you stood up and took his hand in yours. He let you pull him out of his seat and let you guide him up the stairs and to the master bedroom.