Arthur Morgan: Learning From the Past

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: you and your unborn baby get taken by some O'Driscolls and Arthur refuses to lose either of you.

Word Count: 1600

Your eyes fluttered open, sight adjusting to the early morning sun. A small smile grew on your face at the familiar feeling of a hand on your stomach. You turned your head to admire the man's face, placing your hand on his larger one.

"Morning" you smiled fondly, catching his attention.

"G'morning" Arthur smiled back, his voice a little thick with sleep. He must not have woken up much earlier than you. "Did I wake you?" he asked, his thumb brushing against your small baby bump.

"No, don't worry" you assured him, lacing your fingers through his.

"Me and John are going into town today, just to pick some things up for Dutch. Want to come?" Arthur asked.

"Sure" you nodded. Ever since you told Arthur that you were pregnant, he began pretty protective of you. He didn't like the thought of you leaving the camp without him but he wouldn't stop you, he didn't want to become controlling, and he always liked to be by your side.

"I've gotta talk to Dutch, I'll be right back" Arthur groaned as he pulled away from you, much preferring to stay with you than go speak with Dutch.

"Don't be too long" you grinned as you sat up on the cot with him.

"I won't" Arthur promised you with a smile of his own, pressing a quick kiss to your lips and another to your stomach before climbing off of the bed. He quickly dressed and left the tent. You laughed softly, shaking your head at him. He was just so sweet.

-----

You did go into town with Arthur John around midday. It was a simple task and it was actually a pleasant trip into town with the man you loved and your friend. You were on the way back to the horses when four men wandered over, amused and dangerous grins on their faces.

"Hey, it's Van der Linde's boys" one of them chuckled darkly. The three of you stopped in your tracks, already recognising them as O'Driscolls. Arthur instantly put himself slightly in front of you in a protective manner, but the four men slowly surrounded you all with their guns upholstered.

None of you had time to upholster your own guns before the O'Driscolls had their's aimed at you. One had his gun pointed at Arthur's head and another had his pointed at John's. One of the men grabbed your arm and pulled you towards him, away from Arthur and John.

"Leave her alone" Arthur warned them.

"You aren't the one calling the shots here" an remaining O'Driscoll reminded him, moving to stand beside you. Trapping you between the two of them.

"She hasn't done anything to you. Don't hurt her" Arthur's number one priority was making sure that nothing happened to you, especially now.

"Alright. You all do as we say and she won't get hurt" the O'Driscoll that was holding your arm assured him.

"We just want your cash" the O'Driscoll aiming a gun at Arthur told you all.

"Fine, just take it" John agreed, also concerned with your safety.

The O'Driscoll that wasn't holding his gun up to anyone went around the three of you, having you all handover any cash you had.

"Alright, you got what you want. Let her go" Arthur demanded at the O'Driscoll counted through the stolen money.