The Van der Linde Gang: When you get Sick

The Van der Linde Gang & Teenage Female Reader

Summary: How the gang looks after you when you get a cold.

Headcanons

Sorry for the short chapter

Usually Miss Grimshaw and the other women are the ones in charge of caring for other members of the gang when they are sick, at least when those people are willing to accept their help, so they are mostly the ones who will be caring for you.

They aren't the only ones looking out for you though, if the others care about you they will happily help.

Charles makes you herbal treatments, herbal tea with natural healing properties and things like that. They work incredibly well. They might not always taste the best but Charles will sit with you until you drank every drop.

Dutch might drop by your tent for a visit. It seems nice at first, just him checking in on how you are doing but then he does what he always does. He starts with the motivational speeches. Normally that just ends with you burying your face into a pillow and groaning or just straight up throwing the pillow at him.

Out of the two, Hosea is the useful parent when somebody is sick. He'll get you soup and tea and not talk your ear off.

When you're starting to feel better and want to get out of your tent for a little while, you sit at the campfire with a blanket wrapped around you. Javier starts to pluck at his guitar and hum a relaxing tune. He never says that he is doing it for you but you know he is and it makes you smile.

Arthur will always pay you quick visits when he has the time, just making sure you're alright and asking if you need anything.

Sean pokes his head into your tent, asking if you're alright. When you just nod, he steps inside fully and offers to keep you company. He will not leave until he has made you laugh at least once. After all laughter is the best medicine.

Most of the gang are next to useless, just welcoming you back when you're feeling better.

When most of the gang are sick, the women are their only hope because nobody else is really any use. Unfortunately.

Requests?