Micah Bell: Choose Your Side

Micah Bell X Female Reader

Summary: Arthur comes back with new information and the gang has to choose who's side they are on, leaving you torn between the man you love and what you know is right.

Word Count: 2300

The gang was packing up, moving on from Beaver Hollow. You couldn't help but sigh, you were getting tired. Tired of the running but mostly tired of the gang falling apart and everyone turning on each other, there was nothing left of the gang, not really.

"Get them bags packed up quick, Miss Grimshaw. Come on...all of you" Micah ordered, walking through the camp but not actually doing any of the work himself.

"Well, we're doing our best" Grimshaw reminded him, definitely not appreciating how Micah was acting like he was running the gang.

"Hurry, we ain't got long. Hurry" Micah continued to boss the others around.

"Micah, relax. We're moving as fast as we can" you assured him, walking up beside him, getting his attention.

Loving Micah was never easy, he never made it easy. And it only got harder as time went on, as the gang started to collapse. Yet, you stayed by Micah's side, you stayed by Dutch's side. You were loyal and you were proud of that, you valued loyalty. You just didn't know that today would be the day that you questioned not only your loyalty to those you cared about but also their loyalty to you.

"I know, we'll be out of here soon darlin'" Micah promised you as he wrapped his arm around your waist, pulling you towards him to capture your lips in a short kiss. You kissed him back, your hands resting on his chest.

"We just got plenty of time, Micah" Arthur's voice caught your attention, making you pull away from Micah and turn to face him. "We all need to have a little chat" he announced as he rode into the camp on his horse.

"Black Lung, you're back. Hooray" Micah greeted him sarcastically, wrapping his arm around your waist as he stood beside you.

"I just saw Agent Milton, Dutch" Arthur dismounted his horse. His attention was mostly on Dutch but you knew that he was talking to all of you. "Abigail shot him. She's okay...not that you care too much about that" he told you all as he walked further into the camp. "You rats...all of you" he turned his attention to Micah, Joe and Cleet. At least...you assumed that he wasn't talking about you. "Seems old Micah was pretty close to Milton" he accused, turning back to Dutch.

A frown instantly formed on your face. What? No, there was no way that Micah gave information to Milton.

"What the hell are you talking about, cowpoke?" Micah asked with a glare, his grip on your waist tightening for a second as his fingers flexed.

"You talked" Arthur seethed. The tension was beyond suffocating at this point.

"That's a goddamn lie" Micah spat, dropping his arm from your waist. You glanced back at Joe and Cleet but they didn't seem bothered by what was going on. "Dutch..." Arthur turned back to Dutch, who was just watching from his tent.

"Dutch...think of the future" Micah cut him off, also turning his attention to Dutch.

"Milton told me" Arthur told Dutch, just trying to get him to listen.

"And you believe him, Black Lung? You believe him?" Micah asked with a forced laugh, pretending to be amused that Arthur would believe anything Milton told him.

"Micah, please tell me he's wrong" you wrapped your hand around Micah's arm, making him look at you. You searched his face for any sign of what the truth was.