Van der Linde Gang: Family Part 4

Van der Linde Gang & Teenage Female Reader

Summary: You were sick of the gang treating you like a child, so you left the camp on your own to get a taste of freedom. During this adventure, you met a boy. When Dutch and the rest of the gang find out, they insist that they meet this boy.

B/N = Boy(friend)'s name

Word Count: 4600

You loved the van der Linde gang, you truly did, they were your family after all. However, most members of the gang (especially the men) often treated you like a child. You weren't allowed to do anything that might put you in danger. Of course, you appreciated their concern and were happy that they cared for you and wanted to protect you, but you still wanted some freedom.

One of the main rules that Dutch had laid down for you was that you weren't allowed to leave the camp without another member of the gang with you. That member of the gang had to be somebody who could use a gun and had a gun on them, for your safety of course. Since you could never leave the camp on your own, you could never meet new people. Whenever somebody talked to you, one of your personal 'bodyguards' would step in, even if that person truly meant no harm.

So, you did the only thing you could think of...you sneaked out of the camp one morning. You just wanted to experience the world outside of the camp on your own, you were practically an adult now and you didn't  think it was too much to ask.

While you were out of the camp, you decided to visit the nearby town. It wasn't too far away from the camp in case you got in trouble, but it was far enough to feel some of that freedom that you wanted.

During your time in town, you met a young man who was about your age. You had walked right into him, making him drop everything that he was carrying. So, you helped him pick everything up, since it was partly your fault and you felt a little bad. You had noticed that you had made him  a little flustered, and you thought that it was adorable.

Deciding to make the best of your time in town, you decided that you wanted to get to know this man a little more. The two of you ended up talking and getting to know each other. He was in town, collecting some supplies for the stables that he worked at so you helped him a little. Only so you could spend more time with him, he seemed to enjoy or company as well.

You returned to camp in the afternoon and everyone rushed over to you as soon as they saw you. You were bombarded with questions from everyone, asking where you were and if you were okay. Everyone was telling you that they were worried about you and that they thought something had happened to you.

You apologised, genuinely feeling bad for making them all worry so much, but you simply told them that you were 'out'. You didn't want to tell them about the boy that you had met, not just yet.

It had been a month since you first sneaked out of the camp but it definitely wasn't the last time. You had crept away from the camp a few times, going into town to meet with the boy you had met. You were getting better at leaving the camp and returning without anyone even noticing you were gone.

Unfortunately, one night you were caught by surprise. You were trying to creep out of the camp but felt a hand wrap around your arm.

You were spun around to face whoever had grabbed you, letting out  a small huff when you saw Arthur.

"Where are you going?" Arthur asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

"Nowhere" you shrugged, completely acting like you weren't just trying sneak out of the camp.

"Now you're not. Why do you keep leaving?" he asked. Obviously, everyone knew that you kept sneaking out but nobody had actually caught you leaving until now. He had to admit that you were good.