Josiah Trelawny: About a Year

Josiah Trelawny X Female Reader

Summary: Josiah left before the gang collapsed. Surely, there was no chance of seeing him again.

WARNINGS: Smut/NSFW

Word Count: 2400

It was dark out now, the dim street lights of Saint Denis being the only things that allowed you to see somewhat clearly as you walked back towards your apartment. It was a path you walked almost every night but something felt different this time.

Your concerns were soon justified when you started to hear footsteps behind you. You glanced over your shoulder and saw that someone was walking behind you, it being too dark to make out any of their features but you were sure it was a man. 

You didn't know whether you were just being paranoid but you sped up anyway, walking a little faster but the footsteps behind you sped up as well. It was late and nobody was around, making you even more paranoid. You sped up again but the footsteps were only getting closer to you.

You gasped in shock as you were push up against a wall, having the wind knocked out of you. You could feel the barrel of a gun pressed to you stomach and you hated that it wasn't a completely unfamiliar feeling.

You went to scream but a hand clamped down over your mouth. You could only look at him with wide, afraid eyes.

The man looked down, pulling away a tiny but to examine you. You attempted to squirm out of his grasp but he just pressed the gun against your stomach harder and you froze.

"Don't make a fucking sound" the man warned you, his voice low and threatening. You nodded and he took his hand away from your mouth. Using his, now, free and to grab your back instead.

You weren't stupid, if all he was going to do was steal your bag, you would let him. It was better than getting shot. 

A gun shot rang out, making you jump and screw your eyes closed. Confusion flooded through you when the man pulled away from you and you felt no pain. You hadn't been shot. 

You opened your eyes to see that it was your attacker that had been shot, having dropped your bag and his gun to the floor as he clutched his bleeding shoulder. You both turned to see another man, aiming his gun at your attacker.

"Run along now, wouldn't want to have to shoot you again" the new man warned your attacker. The voice seemed familiar but you were too shaken up to think about it. Your attacker went to pick up his gun and your bag but didn't get the chance. "You can leave those there, now go" the new man spoke again.

Your attacker huffed before hurrying off and out of sigh, still clutching his wounded shoulder. You relaxed slightly but not completely, there was still another man with a gun. You just hoped that he was just here to help you.

"Are you alright, Miss?" the man asked as he holstered his gun and approached you.

"Yes, fine...thank you" you sighed as you bent down to grab your bag, just wanting to get home.

"No need to thank me, can't let men like that run the streets" the man sounded calm and friendly, again there was something so familiar about his voice and the way he talked. It put you at ease, making you feel almost nostalgic. 

"I suppose but, I'm sorry, do I-" you turned and looked up at the man, freezing once he was close enough for you to make out his facial features. "Josiah? Josiah Trelawny?" you asked, your eyes wide in shock.

"Y/n...ah, Miss L/n, it's a pleasure to see you again. How long has it been?" his demeanour faltered for a moment before he shook his head and put on a charismatic smile once again. You are amazed by his ability to just keep up a normal conversation while you were still in shock.