Arthur Morgan: The Right Thing Part 3

Arthur Morgan & Child Female Reader (4 years old)

Summary: You and Jack have gone missing, your fathers are determined to find you both.

Word Count: 2000

Arthur was walking over to Dutch with a determined expression, concerned but stern about what he needed to talk about. As he approached Dutch, he saw that he was already speaking with a few other members of the gang.

As soon as Dutch saw Arthur approaching, he ended his conversations. "Arthur, have you seen Jack?" he asked as he walked towards Arthur, meeting him halfway.

"No, I haven't seen Y/n either. I was hoping you had" Arthur shook his head, only becoming more concerned. Both of the children were missing? Something had definitely happened to you both.

"Where's my goddamn son?" Abigail asked as she hurried over to the two men. "Where is he? Where's my son? They took him, didn't they? They took my son!" she sounded as desperate as Arthur felt, and he didn't blame her for a second.

"Who took him?" Arthur asked, if 'they' took Jack, that must be where you disappeared to as well. Whoever 'they' are.

"We think the Braithwaite woman took him. Kieran saw a couple of fellers...sound like Braithwaite boys. I think they took Y/n as well, Arthur" Hosea told him as he walked over.

"If anything...where is my son, Dutch Van der Linde?" Abigail turned to Dutch.

"We will find him, we will bring him back to you" Dutch assured her, feeling more afraid of her right now than anyone else in a long time.

"Dutch-" Arthur started but didn't get a chance to finish.

"We will find Y/n as well, don't you worry about that. And we will kill any fool that had the temerity to touch on hair on either of their heads. You have my word" Dutch placed his hand on Arthur's shoulder, hoping to reassure him at least a little.

Arthur and John looked at each other, nodding before turning on their heel and walking towards the horses. It wasn't the time to talk, they had to get their children home safe. Dutch and Hosea looked at each other, giving Abigail a few other words of encouragement before hurrying after the two younger men.

Anyone who could ride and shoot a gun mounted up and followed Dutch to the Braithwaite property. Arthur couldn't pay attention to the conversation. He could vaguely recall John making threats, Dutch telling him to calm down, Bill mentioned some gold and Hosea told him that there wasn't any, like that actually mattered. Arthur didn't speak a word during the ride, which earned him a concerned glance from Hosea. All Arthur could think about was you, his daughter, and bringing you home. He wouldn't let anything happen to you.

The Van der Linde men walk up to the large house with guns in hand. Dutch took the lead, speaking with one of the men. Arthur wasn't surprised, nor was anyone else, when they refused to hand you and Jack over to them. Instead, more men came out of the house, all with guns of their own.

Fighting their way through to the house was easy, these sorts of things always seemed easier when there was such a clear goal in mind, when everyone was so determined. Two innocent children where in harms way and not one of them thought that was right.

Dutch, Arthur, John, and Hosea headed into the house while everyone else remained outside in case anyone else showed up. They searched the house from top to bottom, ready to tear the place apart if they had too. They had to deal with some more Braithwaites showing up but they handled it. At that moment it felt like Arthur and John could have handled them on their own.

Finally the shooting came to an end and they managed to break into the fortified room, finding Catherine Braithwaite.

"You want me to kill you too, old woman?" Dutch asked as he took her by the arm, leading her further into the room so that she was surrounded by the four men.