Hosea Matthews: Back Pain

Hosea Matthews X Female Reader

Summary: Hosea has been having some back pain and you decide to help him with it. The next day, everyone can see the difference it made.

Word Count: 1300

You watched from your place in the camp as Hosea stood from the uncomfortable chair. He placed one hand on the bottom of his back as he arched his spine. You could see him grimace in pain and groan quietly to himself before walking away from where he had been sitting.

You could only frown to yourself. You have noticed Hosea doing things like that a lot recently, often grunting in pain whenever he sat, stood, knelt or lent over. It honestly pained you to see him like that.

Hosea's pain had clearly been taking a toll on his mood and behaviour as well. You had noticed that he just always seemed to be in a bad mood, he snapped at people and just always seemed so tense. And you weren't the only person to notice it, everyone had.

Later that evening, you were in your tent and getting changed to get in bed. Your attention turned to the entrance of the tent when Hosea walked in, clearly tense and uncomfortable as he closed the canvas behind him.

Hosea started unbuttoning his waist coat in silence, slipping it off and folding it before placing it down. You just frowned as you watched him, he just seems so miserable.

"Are you okay?" you asked with a small sigh, you hated seeing him like this. It just wasn't him.

"Yeah, fine" Hosea nodded, definitely not convincing. He is never that short with anyone but you knew not to take it personally.

Hosea sat down on the edge of the cot and grunted in pain as he did so. "Hosea, you're not okay" you pointed out, there was noway he could convincingly pretend that he wasn't in some sort of pain.

"I'm fine" Hosea insisted but you weren't buying it. You just moved to stand in front of him.

"Please, let me help" you pleaded softly, gently placing your hands on his shoulders.

"...okay" Hosea sighed, nodding as he looked up at you.

You smiled softly at him, pressing a kiss to his forehead before beginning to unbutton his shirt. Hosea just silently let you work, not wanting to interrupt you. He helped you remove his shirt once you had unbuttoned it.

You took his shirt and folded it before place it with his waistcoat, making a neat pile. He watched you, not sure what you were planning but trusting you to do whatever you were thinking about.

You climbed onto the cot and knelt behind him, placing your hands on his shoulders before starting to gently rub them. Hosea grunted quietly at first but quickly relaxed into your touch. As you worked, you slowly started to apply more pressure.

"You're good at this" Hosea complimented, a content sigh passing his lips.

"Thanks" you chuckled softly as you continued to work on his shoulders.

You didn't spend too much time on his shoulders and finished. "Lay on your stomach" you ordered softly and moved out of his way, Hosea did as you said with out any complaints.

You carefully moved to straddle the back of his thighs before staring to work down his back. You made sure to work out all of the knots that you found. Hosea grunted in pain when you hit a particularly tight knot, making you feel a little bad.

"Sorry" you apologised, halting your actions.

"It's okay" Hosea assured you and you started to work on the knot again. He let out a quiet groan, definitely not one of pain this time, and you smiled.