Love letter//Chapter 1 :

(Hey guys I put songs at the top of every chapter so feel free to listen☺️) ^^

◈◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ YOUR P.O.V.
  ✁✂︎✃✉︎✁✂︎✃✉︎✁✂︎✃✉︎✁✂︎✃✉︎✁✂︎✃✉︎✁

It's official: English is my most hated class of all time. 

I ignore what Mrs.Perez is saying and look over at Mattia.

Mattia Polibio. The best guy I have ever met. A mix of Italian and Mexican, with a personality that makes hearts appear in my eyes.

Mattia was the definition of perfect to me. The definition of happiness and being around him was the equivalent of feeling whole.

I've had the biggest crush on him since elementary school. Before his glow up. Before his popularity. Before his growth spurt.

And yet he acts as if I don't exist.

I mean , we used to talk all the time. Maybe not in the flirting type way but I definitely had feelings for him.

But I don't know what happened.. we just fell off. I heard he got a girl friend. I heard she was pretty. I heard they were doing well.

I sigh. It's fine, times change.

I remember when we were a few years younger. Freshmans. And I had been over at his house.

Flashback to two years ago

I knock on the door and he opens immediately. I gasp at the sight of his head. "Mattia!" I yell. I begin laughing and place my hand over my mouth.

"A buzz cut?!"

He rolls his eyes. "Dawnnn stop. It's not funny. Does it look that bad?"

"I'd be lying to you if I told you it looked fine" I laugh as I enter his house.

"Are you gonna be embarrassed to be around me in public now?" He says as he laughs as runs his hands through the hair he doesn't have anymore.

"No, your still my best friend" I smile.

"You're mine too" he grins and hugs me.

Back to reality

He's completely forgotten about those times though. Went from best friends to  two people who attend the same school.

I wish I could have another chance to talk to him. To ask him what I did for him to leave me when I needed him. And although the signs say I should forgot about him, I can't.

I begin writing in my note book, the things that come to mind instantly. And of course he's the first thing I think of.

I begin writing his name and surrounding it with hearts that my blue ballpoint pen has created. I begin writing:

If Mattia noticed me I don't know what I would do. I've liked him for forever and still, he doesn't even look at me. He makes me feel happy to even be in the same room as him  and I just wish-" 

A hand appears over the page and rips it out. I look up and see Mrs. Perez eyeing me. Her black curly hair drapes over her glasses. She folds the sheet in half.

"Pay attention and maybe you wouldn't be failing my class " she says. A few kids laugh. I look over and Mattia hasn't even turned around.

I feel my cheeks flush red and place my head down. When is class gonna end.
-
The bell finally rings and I make my way over to Mrs.Perez . She's behind her desk, grading some papers.

When the class is empty I ask her if I could have my sheet back.

"Oh I gave that to Mattia. I thought you guys were passing notes or something" 

I feel my jaw drop and my hands shake and the feeling of nausea take over my body.

"I- I have to go" I say. I walk out the room and try to look for Mattia. I need to get that paper back before he reads it.

I walk down to the cafeteria. Me and him have lunch the same period. I enter the room and see him at the opposite end of the room with his friends. Mattia and Kairi are the only ones on their phones. I walk up to the table and my hands begin to shake.

"Uhm-" I begin. They all look up at me.

His eyes observe my face and he says nothing. I get distracted by his tan skin and dark features. And he's grown his hair out now so it frames his face perfectly.

"H-hey.." he says quietly. His voice is so raspy. I find it so attractive.

"Mattia do you have a paper from Mrs.Perez? She gave you it by accident" I say.  It's the first time I've spoken to him in a while and it feels weird. It feels almost, awkward?

Even though it should feel welcoming and joyous.

He looks at me blankly for a second. "Oh, yeah"   he says slowly. He takes the folded sheet out of his pocket and hands it to me.

Before leaving i ask, "Y-you didn't ...read it, right?" I say.

Please say no.

His eyes widen. "Nah I didn't read it"  he smiles at me subtly.

"Okay, thanks" I smile at him and walk away. 

I sit down at the table and look up at him. I see him look at me but he quickly looks away

I turn to Jenna, who's next to me on her phone
"Where were you?" Jenna asks

"Uhm, nowhere just getting something" I say. She has no idea that I've been drooling over Mattia. And it's gonna stay that way.

Thank god he didn't read my letter.