Chapter 19:

YOUR P.O.V.

I walk out of class, my eyes obviously red and swollen from all the tears I've cried out. As I walk down the hall I see Alejandro on his phone. He looks up as he hears my footsteps approaching.

But I keep walking past him. I know Ale cares, he's cared the most for me through all of this. I couldn't ask for a better friend right now but I really don't want the comfort. This is one of those days where I wanna crawl under a blanket and act like I don't exist.

"Woah there" he pats me on the shoulder as he begins walking besides me. "What's wrong?"

I stop walking and look down, my lip quivering as I shake my head. "I don't know what the hell I did to have this all happen to me" I wipe my face. "Everyone's been lying to me"

He lifts my face and pulls me into a hug. He doesn't say anything, he just lets me be as his arms are wrapped around me. His cologne smells strong and it almost reminds me of Mattia.

Stop thinking about him.

I pull away from the hug. "I think I'm gonna go" I say pushing my hair away from my eyes.

"That's fine. As long as you feel better" he says. I wave bye to him as I walk out the back door. I hear the alarm sound off but I ignore it. I don't care if they know I've left. I don't care if my mom finds out. I need time to care about myself. Even if that means taking ages to get there.

-

I enter the empty house and walk up to my room. I get under my covers and try to go to sleep, wishing it could last forever.

I feel numb.

My phone rings and I look down at the screen wincing my eyes as the light shines from under the covers. Kairi's calling.

I place the phone on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hey— where're you and Mattia? Are you two together?"

"Kai, why would I be with him?"

"Just asking 'cause he isn't in school"

"I don't know Kairi, can I call you back? I don't feel too well"

"Sure" I end the call immediately and sigh. Who knows where Mattia is. Probably fucking Jenna to get over the fact that what he did was wrong.

Scratch that, he's probably not even thinking about me.

I decide to go on my phone and see what people have been posting. I enter Mattia's name in the search bar and it tells me " No results under the name 'Mattia' "

No fucking way

I go on Instagram and enter his name.

"User not found"

He blocked me.

Did I enter his name wrong? No, I couldn't have. It's been the same username since freshman year.

Of course he blocked me. I'm not good enough for him. I'm not good enough for him to put effort in to fix things. I feel my face heat up and I wanna cry.

I turn my phone over when it rings again. Moms calling .

"H-hello?" I whisper

"Where the fuck are you, Dawn Mai Castrin"

"I'm home. I wasn't feeling too well"

"That's why you call me. That's why you have a phone. You don't skip fucking school!"

"I'm sorry, ma"

"Listen, I don't know what Mattia's done to you  this time-"

"Stop it's not about him "

"Listen to me. I won't have this guy nonsense going on in my house. I care about your health and he isn't helping with that, clearly"

"Ma, I'm sick. I'm gonna go"

She hangs up the phone and I throw it across the room.

Fuck all of this

But, she's right. Even if I hate that she is.

I need to stop thinking about him even if that means forgetting him completely.