Chapter 72:

( it took me forever to find this song)

MATTIA'S P.O.V.

I take her hand as we walk downstairs to see the boys sitting on the couch with their faces glued to the screen of their phones. They look up at us as they hear our footsteps get nearer to them.

"We heard a lot of shouting" Ale says as he and Kairi look down at our intertwined hands.

"We're good" Dawn says as she brings me over to the couch and we both sit down on the opposite side of the boys.

She lays her head on my shoulder as she begins talking. "So now that I'm calmed down, tell me everything"

"What do you mean?" Kairi asks

"Well how did you guys even get here and get into the house"

I smile and look down at her. "Well we booked our flight a few days ago. And we told your mom we were coming"

"And she let us in a few hours ago. But she said she went out to the mall"

"What made you wanna come?"

The boys all look over at me.

"It was my idea" I say

She goes quiet

"So how's school been?" Alejandro asks

"Uhm" Dawn starts. "It's not the best. I'm still not used to it yet"

The guys and I nod.

"Have you dated anyone?" I ask her

She sits up and folds her legs. "No. I never really talked to any guys in the school"

"Well that's good" I say with a wave of relief coming over me.

That means she hasn't dated Wes. But that doesn't mean he hasn't tried getting with her. It's all clear from the bruise she's gotten.

"And I won homecoming queen" she says forcing a smile.

"Oh shit. Who won homecoming king" Ale asks

"Wes" she says avoiding looking at me.

I pull her close to me. "Bring me over to his place" i say.

She pulls away from me and looks at me with confused eyes. "Uhm no. I'm not doing that"

"Dawn I just wanna talk to him" I say

"Yeah we're just gonna talk to him" Alejandro adds

"No"

"If you don't take us there we're gonna leave"

She sighs and looks back at me.

"If you don't take me then I'm leaving" I say as she gets up.

"Promise me you'll just talk to him"

"Promise" I say as the boys and I stand.

"Lemme just grab my jacket and we can go" Kairi says

"Now?"

I nod. "Yes. Now"

-
Once we get down the block to a house that looks just like Dawn's , I make my way to the doorstep and knock on the door.

"Make it quick" dawn whispers

I hear footsteps from inside and then someone turns the knob. My jaw clenches.

"Hey-" a guy says opening up the door and then his face drops when he sees me