Chapter 61:

YOUR P.O.V.

I wake up to the faint sound of birds chirping outside and as I turn on my side, still laying in bed, I can see the crisp wind blow the tree leaves onto the ground from my window.

I stretch in my place and grab my phone out of the charger thats next to me and look at my notifications. A message from an unknown number.

1-(insert any number): it's Wes. Me and Kaitlyn are coming over soon to talk to you about school

No. I don't want them coming over. I want them to stay as far away from me as possible.

Me: don't come over today. I'm not feeling well

1(insert number): I don't care. I'm coming over

I place my pillow over my face and scream.

What if he tries something again

What if this time I can't stop it

I grasp tighter into my phone as I put my slides on and head to my mom's room. I knock twice on the white painted wood doors

"Come in" she says from inside

I turn the door knob and push it lightly. It opens and I enter the room. mom's laying in bed on her phone and she looks at me with a faint expression that's unreadable.

"Ma, Wes texted me and sad he's coming over"

"Alright, that's fine" she continues looking on her phone

I walk closer to her slowing my pace. "No, ma, I don't want them to come over"

She looks up from the screen. "Okay, how about this: give it one more chance. If you're still feeling uneasy after today then they don't have to come over again"

"I don't get why you can't just tell them to leave me alone"

"Because you need to give people a chance. You barely know them"

"Exactly! I barely know them, that's my point"

"But you should get to know them"

I roll my eyes. If I'm uncomfortable shouldnt that be enough for her.

"Alright?" She asks as she sits up in her bed.

"Whatever, ma. At the end of the day you'll just do what you wanna do and not what I want"

She shrugs. "You'll thank me for everything when you get older"

I doubt that.

I pull the door open slightly, just enough for me to squeeze out. And then I shut it behind me.

Shivers travel down my spine.

I should just prepare for the worst.

-

The doorbell rings and I sigh as I make my way to the door. "Who is it?" I ask leaning on the door frame

"It's Kaitlyn and Wes" a female voice answers back

I take a breath before I rack up the courage to open the door.

He can't try anything with me in my house, right?

No. He can't.

Good.

I turn the door knob, unlocking it as I open it to see them standing there. "Hey, Dawn!" Kaitlyn smiles as she outstretches her arms and hugs me before I can even think of hugging her back.