Chapter 37:

MATTIA'S P.O.V.

I turn around one last time before exiting the cafeteria. As I look back at her I see her look down at her phone shaking her head.

Her hair flops over the side of her face perfectly as she adjusts her low cut top.

I can't believe it's over. For real this time. I know she isn't gonna give me another chance. I know that she doesn't have time to put up with me. And i don't blame her.

But I still want her

I feel something bump into my chest and I turn my face to see Jenna.  She's wearing a very revealing baby pink top and she smiles warmly at me. I feel something harden against my pants. I cover it with my hands.

This is the reason why Dawn and I can't be together. I can't control how my body reacts to other people.

"My bad" she says.

I avoid her gaze as I start walking past her but she places the palm of her hand on my chest as she furrows her brows.

"Look, I'm sorry about the party"

"You fucked up my relationship" I say as I shut the cafeteria door behind me. She walks besides me.

"Can you leave?"

"No" she says firmly. " I like you. That's why I kissed you that night"

"Don't you have a boyfriend?"

"Not anymore"

"But me and Dawn were together so why did you even bother kissing me"

"Were?" She says smirking as she raises an eyebrow. "Damn, broke up already?"

"Im not looking to date anyone else"

She rolls her eyes playfully as she adjusts the strap of her purse onto her shoulder. "Okay, maybe we don't have to be together but we can still fuck around. No strings attached,right?" She laughs

"No" I say and begin to walk off. As I leave she takes my hand and places one of hers on my cheek as she kisses me softly. Her lips taste like chapstick.

"Think about it" she grins and then she walks into the cafeteria. I look back at her one last time before she leaves.

Stop.

(I've decided to put Dawn's perspective in here as well )

DAWN'S P.O.V.

I walk into class and take a seat in the back of the room. Mrs. Abbel pulls up a slide on her Promethean board. It's a screen that has names on it.

I look for my name but then she starts talking

"Alright guys" she says as she removes her glasses. "You have a project to start today based on what you've learned in this unit. It's due on Friday and the instructions are sent to your email. Here are your partners"

I look down the list and find my name. As I read the one beside it I see it says Aiden.

There's an Aiden in this class?

Everyone begins standing to go sit with their partners when I look for this guy who I've never seen before.

"Mrs.Abbel" I begin. "Who's Aiden?"

"Me" a voice says. A guy with curly brown hair flopping over his eyes and tan skin begins to approach me. For some reason I find myself fixing my hair slightly.

Okay but, he's really cute.

He drops his bag on the floor and pulls a chair over as he sits in front of me. "Hey" he says firmly. His eyes are green. Oh my god

"H-hey" I say as I tuck some of my hair behind my ears. "So uhm, I was thinking for the project-"

"I don't really care what you were thinking" he laughs.

I raise my brows. "Excuse me?"

"Fiesty, I see" he says smiling.

I roll my eyes at him.

"Chillll" he says as he takes out his phone and opens Snapchat.

"So, what's your name?" He asks avoiding eye contact as he stares down at his screen. I see him scrolling through a girls snap.

And she's posting very revealing shit.

"Dawn" I say quietly

"Huh?" He says looking up at me. "Speak louder ,the fuck"

"Dawn" I say firmer. "If you're gonna act like an asshole then you can work by yourself"

"Calm down" he says laughing. "Can we work on this later? Maybe while getting some food"

"What's the point if you aren't gonna do shit?"

He raises his brows. "Damn,chill. I will I will, don't worry"

He stays on his phone for the rest of the period as I start drafting. But I can't get my mind off of Mattia.

And this guy.

There's something about him that screams he's gonna mess up my life.