Chapter 10:

MATTIA'S P.O.V.

I walk into History, and take a seat in the back of the room. Mars is usually in this class. I look around but he isn't here.

Pussy. Didn't even show up

I don't know what I would do if he did come today, though. I've known Mars for years. He's someone I always went to, to talk to.

But he fucked up. He really fucked up. I can't even explain how confused I am. Do I tell Dawn I know he did it? Or just act like I don't?

"Hey, guys" Mrs. Abben says smiling. "We are going to be doing a unit project today. I'm gonna put your partners on the board"

She walks up to her lap top and transfers the slide onto the Smart Board. I see a list of everyone's names.

"Here are your partners" she says as she sits down behind her desk. I look for my name.

No.

"Ew, I have to work with Mattia?"

I look over at her and she gives me a side eye.

Leah.

Whenever I'm around Leah, I don't know, I get those sense of memories back. We had a lot of fun times together, but she was toxic for me. To an extent where she made my life miserable but I still in every way, loved her.

And then she broke up with me. My fault for staying with her, honestly.

I see her walk up to me, iced coffee in her hand, and phone in the other. She's wearing a black lace top with and under piece and tight blue jeans.

"Long time since we talked" she says as she sits and sips from her drink. I roll my eyes at her.

" So Tia, how've you been?" She says smiling devilishly.

"Better without you"  I take a pencil out of my bag and place it on the desk.

She gasps mockingly as she playfully slaps me on the arm. Her light brown hair thats tucked behind her head begins to move onto onto her cheeks.

"Don't touch me. We're just working on a project. After it, don't ever talk to me again" I say looking away from her.

"You can't even look me in the eyes when you say that,though"

I look up at her and don't say anything. She just tilts her head slightly and begins to laugh as she doesn't remove eye contact form me.

"Exactly" she gets up and walks over to get markers.

-

The period's ending and I begin to clean up the mess we've made with markers, pens, and notes layed out everywhere.

"Tia, why don't you come over today?"

"No"

"C'mon, the projects supposed to be done today" I look at her and scoff. She rolls her eyes.

" oh my goddd don't worry I won't try anything" she says as she leans on the desk waiting for a response.

"Fine"

-

"Mattia!" I hear my name being yelled. I turn around. It's Dawn.

"Heyy" I walk up to her and give her a hug.

"Do you wanna eat dinner over,tonight? My place?"

"Sorry uhm, I'm working on a project with someone and I have to finish it at their place"

She furrows her brows. "Oh okay. Who?"

"Uhm, Leah" I say quietly.

"Leah?"

"My ex girlfriend.."

"Oh" her smile begins to fade "I met her at your party the other day"

My eyes widen. I don't want Dawn around Leah. She's no good for her.

"Y-you did?"

" yeah I just didn't know she was your ex" she sucks her teeth and looks away from me.

"Was she.. rude to you?"

"No, she was chill" she shrugs.

Chill? That's the opposite of what she is.

"Why don't you come over when you finish working on the project?" she crosses her arms.

I really want to. I wanna rebuild what we lost. "Sure"

She smiles at me warmly and then gives me a hug.I don't know what we are right now. But I definitely wanna be something with her. And only her.