Chapter 92:

YOUR P.O.V.

I look into the child's eyes, they're beautiful and large. And possibly the lightest shade of brown I've seen before . Their light brown curly hair flops slightly over their forehead in the curliest pattern ever. I've never seen such curly hair. Or pale skin. It's unlike mine or even Mattia's . God, they have so much hair.

Their eyes are shut and I rub their soft arms with the tip of my finger. I've never in my life felt someone as soft as this baby.

"Mattia" I say.

I watch him look up at me and stand besides the hospital bed. He rubs my shoulders which eases the pain of the labor a little. "She's beautiful" he says. His eyes are full of tears

"I know" I say as a tear falls from my eyes. "We have to pick a name for her" I say with a smile stretching across my face.

"What about Adalyn?" I ask as I chuckle a little, observing the girls features as her eyes slowly shut and she falls asleep

"Adalyn's a beautiful name" he agrees. "I like it"

"Adalyn it is" I say. "Mattia I'm pretty tired do you mind putting her into her cubicle right there?" I ask as point over to the opposite side of the room, at a small bed made specifically for the child

He nods and I watch him softly place her down in her bed. He observes her a little. But he turns to me and sits besides me in the brown chair to my left.
"Dawn?"

"Hm?" I try to say as I place my hand over my stomach. It hurts from the labor.

"Yes baby?"

He sighs. "She looks nothing like me"

"Well she's a newborn it's hard to tell who she looks like yet"

"No but she looks nothing like me. None of my features. Nothing." He gets serious

"Mattia" i say as I hold onto him, lifting myself up carefully so I'm sitting on the bed. "Stop being ridiculous"

"That isn't my child, Dawn" he says quietly. Immediately I feel shivers travel down my spine.

"She is"

"She isn't" he says harshly. "She's not blood related to me at all. She can't be"

"Mattia-"

"I'm sorry, Dawn but I can't do this-"

I wake up from the dream immediately and sit up. Looking around the room, I see I'm still in Mattia's basement. He's asleep next to me. There is no hospital room. No cubicle.

No Adalyn

I look at the time on my phone which is placed besides me. The light shines brightly in my eyes causing me to wince. It's 2:30am.

It was all a dream. All... a dream.

I lay back down and wait until my heart stops racing, before I try to fall back asleep.

It was all a dream, I repeat to myself. Until I truly drift off

I wake up to see Mattia's gotten up from bed. The spot he was asleep in last night, has become nothing more than messed up bedsheets. I sit up carefully and make the bed, before heading upstairs.

The smell of bacon and eggs on the stove fills my lungs and quicker than I thought, I feel a nauseous sensation go off in my chest. Making me immediately crave throwing up. I head to the bathroom in a hurry and slam the door shut, throwing up things I didn't know were still inside of me.

Exiting the bathroom stall, I see Mattia awaiting me at the door. "you good?" He asks with a sympathetic look. I nod as I exit the bathroom past him.

"Yeah the breakfast made me nauseous. Even though it usually doesn't" I turn to him and he goes to give me a hug when I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. He steps back and I take the cell phone out of my pocket, staring at the screen

Incoming call from: Ma ❤️

I look up at Mattia. "One sec" I say as I answer the call and head down to the staircase by his room.

"Hello?" I say waiting for a response.

"Hey baby" my mother replies. I haven't heard her voice in a while.

"What's up?" I ask

"Nothing much. Same late night shifts as usual" I hear her sigh. "What can I say though. It's life"

"Yeah. I'm sorry about your working hours" I run my hands through my hair.

"Don't be. How about you, anything new?"

I sigh as I turn to make sure no one's listening in on the conversation. And just like that, I say "ma please don't be mad at me"

I feel her concern intensify through the screen. "What happened now"

"Look I know you might have strong feelings towards this but" the feeling of acid takes over in my throat. "I-" I inhale sharply.

"Dawn just say it you're making me worry more"

" I'm pregnant" I spit out.

She doesn't say anything.

Silence.

"M-ma" my voice shakes.

She doesn't say anything. I just hear her huff through the call. "Ma please answ-"

"Dawn are you fucking kidding me" she snaps. Her voice is loud. The type of loud it used to be when she hated me being with Mattia. I haven't heard that side of her in a while.

"I'm sorr-"

"Save it!" She yells. "I let you travel with ya little boyfriend and you have the audacity to get pregnant are you fucking joking?" I go I say something when I feel a lump in my throat. I can't talk. I'm petrified by the sound of her yells.

"It wasn't supposed to happen!"

"But it did happen meaning y'all had sex I thought I raised you better!"

"You did raise me good! It's my relationship-"

"Shut up with that fucking bullshit! I swear to fucking god Dawn-"

"It's my responsibility now not yours! I just need your support" I say when she cuts me off again. That's when a tear falls.

"It's not your responsibility! Because you aren't keeping it!"

"What if I wanted to-"

"Well you're not! You can't be that fucking insane to Wanna keep it"

I hesitate before saying, "well I do"

She doesn't say anything for a second and I shiver waiting for her to speak. "I'm done with you Dawn"

"What do you mean you-"

"I'm done! I'm done with you!" She screams. I've never heard her yell that much. I put her on mute so she won't hear me, as I place the phone in between my lap and begin breaking down. But she only continues yelling.

"I don't want a daughter like you that's fucking irresponsible! I'm done with you completely! Don't bother coming back to me when you need me! Don't bother asking me to come over to see you! Do it on your own! I didn't need your father, I don't need you!"

I hang up the call and throw my phone down the stairs as I throw my head into my lap, tugging on my hair. I hear myself crying and I'm loud. That's when I hear someone running over to me.

"Dawn-" it's Mattia. He wraps his arms around me instantly and lays his head on my back, not saying anything. He knows I won't respond. He just hugs me.

He's probably the only one that loves me. Or at least I hope he does