Chapter 31:

MATTIA'S P.O.V.

"Hey Dawn" I say as I enter class and sit next to her. She doesn't reply and her eyes are downcast.

"Dawn?" I touch her shoulder but she jumps slightly. I pull my hand away.

"I-I'm sorry" she says softly as she goes to put her head down.

I bring my chair closer to her desk and massage her back with the palm of my hand. Her plain blue top begins rising up her back and I pull it down for her.

"What happened,baby?"

I can only hear her breathing. Her soft inhales and harsh exhales. I wonder what happened to her between when she left my house yesterday and now.

The door enters with laughter and I see her friend, Jenna walk in. She tucks her medium length brown hair behind her ears. As she enters with another girl that I've never seen before, she sees Dawn and nudges the girl.

They both look at her, dirtily as they adjust the straps of their purses onto their shoulder and go to take a seat. I watch as they sit down and I turn away when Jenna and I make eye contact.

She smirks and places her bag on the ground.

"Did Jenna do anything?" I whisper

She lifts her face at me confused. "How'd you know it was Jenna?"

"I don't know, she just walked in with some girl and made a weird face at us"

"At me. Not at you" she sighs quietly.

"Okay, class take out a pencil and your calculators" the teacher says with a stack of papers in her hand as she begins passing them out one by one. "I hope you guys studied for your test today"

"We'll talk after this, if you want" I say as I adjust my chair back to my seat. I turn away again and Jenna glances at me before turning to get something out of her bag. I turn my head back and take out a pencil from the side of my bag.

-

Class is over but Dawn just walked out. I grab my bag and head out the door into the crowded hallway looking for her as I make my way past people. But I don't find her. Maybe she just went to the bathroom.

"Mattia" I hear someone yell out. I turn around to see Alejandro making his way over to me. I look down at his clothes. "All black? You going emo or something?" I laugh

"Nah bro but I wanted to talk to you. Halloween's coming up. What are we doing this year?"

"Umm. The outsiders? We could dress up as the characters"

"Okay but that's not what I mean. Like, are we having a party? Or you wanna just hang out with the boys?"

"We could have a party. But we have to figure out how we're gonna do it because Halloween's next week"

"Aii. Imma go,okay?"

I nod as he walks away. "Mattia" someone else calls out. I look to see who it's coming from when Mar starts walks towards me from the end of the hallway. I begin to turn away as I make my way through the group of people crowding the halls.

And then something tugs on my arm. I turn around and Mar has his face directly next to mine. I feel my jaw clench up. What the fuck does he want.

"You're just gonna let your girl get away with what she did to me?" He whispers roughly. I pull away.

"With what she did to you? How about what you did to her" I remove his arm from mine.

"We're not cool bro don't touch me"

"She asked me to do it to her,bro. Maybe she wasn't in the right mindset but I'm serious, she lead me into the bathroom with her"

"No she didn't man. Don't lie" I say getting angry. Dawn wouldn't do that. She wouldn't even lie about it. "You raped her,Mar"

"I swear I didn't ! She touched me first and then I got into it!"

I push him and he stumbles back. "She didn't, Mar!" I push him again. "Why the fuck are you lying!" He pushes me and lifts his hands gesturing for me to stop.

"I just wanted to let you know I wasn't the only one taking part. She's saying I raped her when she wanted it..listen, I have a girlfriend now man. And plus, I wouldn't do that to anyone!"

I shake my head and fold my arms.

"So if she's lying then the school might as well know so they don't get any wrong ideas about this whole thing. I'm not gonna look like an idiot because of her "

"She doesn't deserve your fucking bullshit she didn't even do anything wrong!" He begins to walk away without saying anything.

"You asshole!" I yell. But he keeps walking off.