Chapter 30:

YOUR P.O.V.

I walk into the house quietly, trying not to make a sound as I enter. I shut the door ever so slightly as I place my shoes on the floor.

I turn around to my mother standing at the edge of the room, with her arms crossed. "Come here" she says loudly.

"Ma it isn't a big deal" I whisper

"I said come here!"

I begin walking up to her slowly. She looks down at the hoodie I have on. "I never bought this for you"

"It's my friend's hoodie" I say looking down as I fiddle with my fingers. If I stare at her directly it'll make me more nervous.

She places her hand on my shoulder forcefully causing me to look up. And then she wraps her arms around me and hugs me tight as she places one hand on the back of my head.

"Ma-"

"Shh" she says. She stays hugging me and I feel like I wanna push her away and tell her to make up her mind.

Does she hate me or care about me?

-

She pulls away with tears in her eyes. She wipes them away before I can even get the words out of my mouth to ask what happened.

"Ma.. I'm sorry"

She shakes her head and takes a step away from me. "You're just growing up so fast and I don't want you to make a mistake like I did"

"Ma you didn't make a mistake you just realized that you and dad shouldn't be together"

She shakes her head. "I shouldn't be talking about him to you—it's wrong. Look" she sniffles. "Moral of this is: I'm okay with you being with him just please don't be stupid with the relationship"

I nod and she hugs me again. "Okay, enough with the sappy stuff you can go to your room now"

I laugh and she pats me on the back before I head to my room.

-

I'm trying to do my homework when my phone starts ringing loudly. I look over to see who it is.

Incoming call: jenna 💄

I press decline. I don't wanna talk to her. At all. I don't need her. She clearly didn't need me.

Incoming call: jenna 💄

Again? Oh my god. I take the phone in my hands ,that I find are shaky ,and I answer. But no one says anything at first.

"What?" I say finally.

"Stop lying" a male says.

"What?"

"Stop fucking lying. You think I raped you? Why would I ever touch you what the fuck? You're lying to everyone"

Mar?

"W-what the hell? I'm not lying" I say softly. I feel my voice shake more and I'm in the verge of breaking down. And I don't know why.

"You're the one who touched me! You asked me to have sex with you!"

"I swear I didn't!" I yell.

"Now Jenna isn't friends with you becuase you tried to break us apart. I don't like you, dumb fuck! Stay away from us!"

"Stop! I never did any of this, why are you doing this to me!"

"We all know the truth, Dawn" I hear Jenna say in the back ground. "And the whole school's gonna know too. You lie, you face the consequences" then she hangs up.

I throw my phone across the room and her a small shatter. I bury my face in my covers and scream. I just wanna scream. I just want this to end.

Why the hell is this happening to me?