Chapter 88:

YOUR P.O.V.

I walk up the lawn and turn the door knob. Mattia's mom said she'd leave it unlocked for me everyday before she left for work. As I enter the house, I quietly place my bag down on the ground and take my shoes off, setting them on the shoe rack the family has by the entranceway.

I look around the first floor to see there isn't anyone here. Mattia's probably downstairs.

I walk down the steps to his room and enter to see no one. Just an undone bed and his lap top which is still open with FIFA on the screen.. which is rare. He always shuts it off or makes sure he's done playing. I take my phone out of my bag and dial his number; waiting for him to answer.

Waiting silently, I can hear it somewhere in the house. I walk back upstairs slowly and towards the back of the house where his backyard is and hear a muffled ringing coming from there. I slide the door to it quietly and see him sitting on a chair; shoving something into his pocket. And a cloud of smoke is in the air. He looks up and sees me and his face falls.

"What's that?" I ask as I approach him. He places the palm of his hand over his pocket;guarding it.

"It's nothing" he mumbles quietly

I stand in front of him and try move his hand which he's placed so firmly, and eventually I pull his fingers off the fabric of his pants and quickly dig my hand into his pocket;pulling out a juul pod

I stare down at the item in my hand and back up at him. "I thought you quit" I say

He looks away from me. "I did" he says clearing his throat

I take a seat on the chair besides him and stare down at the floor as he does. "So why're you doing it-"

He takes the thing from my hand softly and chucks it somewhere in his yard. "Fine . I won't do it anymore"

"Mattia-"

"Enough about me. Just tell me how your day was" he says; breaking a smile.

I shrug, trying to ignore the fact that he was vaping. Which I know he only did when he was stressed. "It was okay I guess" I say angling my face away from his slightly.

"Did anyone remember you?"

I nod. "Leah did". My eyes flicker and then I look back up at him. But he isn't smiling anymore. He seemed worried now. I furrow my eyebrows as I observe his face

"L-Leah?" He hesitates before he speaks again. "What did she say to you?"his leg begins shaking

I raise my brows. "S-she didn't say anything" I begin. "Except ask for you" I whisper. I begin standing and he lifts his face;nervously.

"Dawn. What's wrong"

"She was acting the same way you're acting now. Weird. Especially when she saw me and then mentioned you"

He begins taking my hand when I pull away. "Dawn-"

"What's going on" I whisper.

He shakes his head as he tries to say something but doesn't. "Are you feeling okay?" He asks me. I wince and scoff.

"Me? Am I feeling okay? Lets talk about you for a sec-" I say with my voice getting louder

"I'm serious. Are you feeling fine-" he begins.

I shrug

"Have you been feeling off today?"

"Uh-uhm.. kinda."

He looks down at the ground and shakes his head. "Dawn I'm so sorry" he says with his voice now shaking

I look around and then back at him. "S-Sorry? For what-"

"You're gonna hate me" he begins. "You'll leave me. Please don't leave me" He's buried his face in his hands and I notice him crying. I sit on the ground in front of him immediately and try to pull his hands away from his face

"Mattia what happened" my hearts racing

"I can't tell you" he says. "You'll leave me"

"I won't leave you" I sigh. "I- I promise"

"You will"

"Mattia I'm sure it's nothing bad"

I manage to pull his hands off his face and observe his red and teary eyes.I wipe them for him"Just tell me" I say

"Y-yesterday when I went to take a shower i was going to throw the condom away when-" he begins crying louder and shakes his head again.

No

"Mattia-" my eyes heat up

"And there was a rip" he says loudly. "There was a fucking rip" he says now yelling. He bites his lip and I instantly pull him into a hug. Not knowing what else I should do.

Tears fall from my face and I feel sick... like throwing up

"Then Leah knocked on the door to return something to me and.." I feel his body shake "and I told her. And she said it's likely for you to get p-pregnant. And I know I came but I thought the condom was secure."

I bite my lip as I shut my eyes.

"Baby I'm sorry" he says. "I'm so fucking sorry"

I pull away and wipe my eyes but he takes my hand and lifts my chin so I face him. "Don't hate me baby"

I try to nod slowly but I stand and he stands up with me. He pulls my waist closer to him and places his hands on my shoulders. "You said you wouldn't leave me"

"I won't" I say as another tear falls. "I just don't know what to do"

"I'm gonna be here no matter what" he whispers. "I promise"

A/n: so all of y'all were wrong LMAO