Chapter 97:

YOUR P.O.V.

I stare at the screen; squeezing the phone that lies in my hands. My eyes stay set at those words

"Mattia isn't the father of the baby. I am"

I reread that message as my mind wanders; thinking about what this means. Maybe it's all fake. Maybe it's someone from high school trying to scare me. But what if it's an actual person that really thinks they're the father of Adalyn. But who-

My eyes light up and I gasp quietly. "Wes?" I say softly when a voice cuts me off.

"Dawn she's hungry" I quickly shut off the phone and look up to see Mattia carrying Adalyn on his shoulders. She's tracing her fingers along his jawline. I nod as I approach him and hand him the bottle. He walks into the living room and sits on the couch; as he cradles her and feeds her.

I slowly walks towards them and lean on the wall; finding myself observing all her features. She's pale... n-none of us are pale. Her hair is light brown which neither me or Mattia have. Maybe it's a genetic mutation. Maybe one of Mattia's family members passed down the genes. But she looks absolutely nothing like Mattia.

My phone vibrates and I immediately watch the screen light up and another message appears on the screen.

1(insert number):

I'm the father, Dawn. I have proof. Please just call me I'll explain it all.

My fingers trail above the screen as I hesitate to respond. But this could all be fake. And I need to know who's doing this.

Me: who is this

I send the message and wait for a reply as my head pounds and I can feel my heart beat in the temples of my forehead. My phone vibrates and my hands shake as I open the screen and see the message that pops up on it . Oh my g-god

1( insert number):

Wes

"No" i whisper to myself. My eyes heat up. H-how could it be him. How. It can't be. It cannot be him. Another message appears on the screen. A video.

I click on it and see his face appear which makes me wanna scream. I pause the video and begin walking out the living room when Mattia calls me. I turn around and face him. "Dawn you okay?"

I nod. "I'm fine I'm just gonna make a call" I say with my voice cracking. He nods and looks back at the baby and I instantly walk into the nursery room. And unpause the video.

He still has the same hair. The same color that Adalyn has. The same milky skin that she has. The same eye shape. All she truly has of mine; is the shape of my lips and the curliness of my hair. Although Wes has that too.

His voice is deeper now and he begins talking with fear trilling down his throat. "D-Dawn please listen to me. I'm sorry— j-just listen. Okay? S-so after I did that to you. Which I'm so fucking sorry for- I'm so sorry. I had a condom on but it didn't feel like I thought it would so I slipped it off. I thought you would notice the difference. B-because the sex felt better to me. But you were s-so scared and you wouldn't give it a chance. So you didn't know I slipped it off"

Tears begin rolling down my cheek. This can't be true. This cannot be true. It can't be. He continues. "I guess you and Mattia had sex shortly after for you to think you were pregnant. And I found out from Jenna, that you were carrying a baby a few months after she said you found out. I knew it had to be mine. I knew it was but I was too scared to really try and contact you until I heard from Jenna again, that you gave birth. She's mine, Dawn.
Not his.. And if you have any ounce of will, you know that deep down inside you know it's mine. I'm sorry"

the video ends and I begin shaking more then ever. I can't see straight and I can't even cry properly. I just don't— I can't understand how this is true. I knew she looked nothing like Mattia but I don't understand why this has to happen to me. I'm not going back to that asshole and there is no way in hell I will him see Adalyn or even get within three feet near her. But I can't do this to Mattia .

He would be heartbroken if he knew it wasn't his child. And he wants it to be his so so badly. But I can't let him stay with her knowing that I'm holding him back from his dreams all for a child who isn't even his biologically. As much as it hurts me I can't do this to him. Its wrong. Completely wrong. I- I have to do something.

With the tears still falling down my cheek I open the closet in the nursery and take out my duffle bag