Chapter 22:

YOUR P.O.V.

"I love you too" I say immediately, my heart beating out of my chest. I keep my arms wrapped around him , massaging the back of his neck. We're so close to each other.The only thing keeping us distanced are the clothes we have on.

All I can hear is his heavy breathing and the sound of distant noises from down the hall. I begin to mute out everything around me

It feels like I'm trapped in a movie scene, it all feels so unreal .

He loves me.

Maybe it's fake . Maybe it's him just trying to get me to forgive him. But I've waited for him to say that for years. Even though I wasn't expecting it from him now.

I guess forgetting about him's harder than I thought. I can't forget about someone that's always on my mind.

And why would I wanna forget about him now?

"Dawn" he whispers. I snap back into reality, removing my hands from his neck and looking into his glowing hazel eyes. He licks his lips as he holds our gaze. Our eyes, glued to each other's. "I- I wanted to know if you'd wanna go eat out tonight? Just the two of us"

I smile broadly and nod. "Yeah, that sounds great" I say.

He plants a quick kiss on my lips and tells me he's gonna get going to class. I wave to him as I walk down the rest of the hall to class.

I feel like screaming out how happy I am. But I can't let my emotions get the best of me or I'll just get hurt again.

-

Mattia texted me that he'll pick me up in an hour. I look over at my clock. It's 6:30. I pace over to my closet and slide the door open, revealing a mess of unfolded jeans and piles of shirts that have fallen off their hanger and onto the floor. "Shit" I say under my breathe as I look for something to wear for the night.

I pull out a two piece, red- velvet fabricated outfit that I bought over the summer but haven't ever worn.

It's not too fancy but I don't even know where he's taking me

It's not too fancy but I don't even know where he's taking me. I walk down the stairs when I'm ready.

Moms sitting on the couch, scrolling through the T.V.  channels. She looks at me observing what I have on. "Where are you going dressed so nice?" she says with a flat tone as I walk over to the door

"Just going out with friends"

She turns back to the T.V. "Hm. Don't be back late or this 'night out' thing won't happen again"

"Okay, ma"

I walk outside and the feeling of cold air hits me fast. Goosebumps appear on my arms as I rub them with the palms of my hands, trying to warm them up .

I see Mattia's car pull up and he double parks it as I walk down the driveway. He unlocks the door and as soon as I get in I make sure all the windows are closed.

He sees me rubbing my arms together and laughs. "What are you doing" he chuckles with his hand on the steering wheel.

"I-it's cold" my jaw shakes up and down and we both start laughing. His eyes glance down at my outfit.

"You look really great" he says

"Thanks" I smile. "Now where are you taking me,exactly?"

"A restaurant I went to this summer. The food is really good"

"That sounds nice"

It goes quiet.

"Thanks for doing this" I say looking over to his side profile.

"Don't thank me. You deserve this and way more. I hope one day we can do everything you wanna do together"

"Of course we will" I say. He turns to me and furrows his brows.

"I really care about you" he says. "I hope you know that no matter what"

"Awe, Mattia" I lean in to give him a kiss and he turns away from the steering wheel.

Suddenly, with a loud thud, I feel the car jolt forward and my head hits the back seat. I try to open my eyes. Mattia's head breaks through the glass window,causing it to shatter. I try to extend my hand to pull him in. I manage to grab onto the back of the collar of his shirt but I can't hold on.

When I pull my hand away blood drips down my fingers and I find the energy to scream out his name. "Mattia!" I yell.

"Mattia!" I begin crying .

But he doesn't answer

A/N: omg this story has so many plot twists bro